new to lake ontario need all the help i can get

need your guys help, im looking for lakers/kings I will be launching out of the salmon river launch, how deep do I need to be where to set my downriggers at the whole nine yards, I will be using cowbells and spin and glow peanuts what colors are on right now what speed are you guys trolling at

Today's NOAA marine forecast of 3-5 foot waves was not accurate.

, 1-2 was it.

That DEff was not the case on the east end!!! All day 5-8' and it is still close to that now. This weekend, Saturday should be fine for your boat. If you are looking for lakers out of the SR, run north off the dunes, there will be an armada there. Most if not all of the charters from SR will be there fishing lakers. Good luck.

Capt Rich

That DEff was not the case on the east end!!! All day 5-8' and it is still close to that now. This weekend, Saturday should be fine for your boat. If you are looking for lakers out of the SR, run north off the dunes, there will be an armada there. Most if not all of the charters from SR will be there fishing lakers. Good luck.

Capt Rich

Hi Capt Rich, was wondering what is the dunes?

The sand dunes off Sandy Pond. There is a set on the south side of the chute going into the pond and a set on the north of the chute. Off the south dunes in 140-160 has been good I am hearing . Good luck

Capt Rich

You would be much better off launching at the State ramp on the Little Salmom River. (Mexico). The state ramp on the Salmon River called Pine Grove is not very good (dirt), although it would be OK for a 18 ft alum. Price is the same at both, pay the machine.

What's the regulations for length for lakers/salmon on lake o I personally catch and release only just wanted to know and how much line should I let out behind my downrigger befor I clip it

Look at the regs.....

Behind the ball (with spoons), I usually run 25 ft behind at around 60 down. The higher I'm fishing the more lead I send out. If I'm really sending the Canon balls deep (over 100 feet) I'll tighten them up (maybe 15-20). Definitely a detail most guys overlook. On my boat I rig over side my buddy does the other. When we get a hit its always the question. How deep was it, what color was it, Hong long was your lead.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Behind the ball (with spoons), I usually run 25 ft behind at around 60 down. The higher I'm fishing the more lead I send out. If I'm really sending the Canon balls deep (over 100 feet) I'll tighten them up (maybe 15-20). Definitely a detail most guys overlook. On my boat I rig over side my buddy does the other. When we get a hit its always the question. How deep was it, what color was it, Hong long was your lead.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well said. X2

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app