Lake O lake trout table quality?

I happen to live in the UP of Michigan and am toying with a road trip idea.

Lake Superior has been giving up some pretty nice eating lakers recently.  As an example, last year we canned a couple of larger fish, upper teens to low 20s, there was less than an eigth inch of oil floating in the jar.  I trim belly meat and back fat.  I am curious if the lakers in Lake Ontario are pleasing to eat.  

I was told to fillet then cut into smaller strips.then poach them is salt water ( enough salt to float an egg ) rinse and serve with melted butter

I use a cedar plank to grill the oil cans . Then I throw the fish away and eat the plank . When all there is left to catch on Lake O ,is LT . I'm hanging up my fishing equipment . 

I made trout marsala the other night and my family loved it.  Make it just like you would chicken marsala and it tastes good.  But, its just like any other marsala as far as I'm concerned all you taste is the sauce and the mushrooms and onions, so enjoy!

simple but not simple answer.... Opinions on what defines tasty to eat? I have had people say they love fish, because all they have gotten is perch, crappie and panfish and that is a totally different taste. I have a hard time telling the difference in flavor between a coho and steelie, but can easily pickout browns, kings and lakers. With that being said, I will eat lakers if.... they are less than 10 lbs, as they are not as "gamey" or oily as the older lakers. BLEED them asap and get them on ice. Clean them asap back at port and really trim the fatty and grey colored areas, pat them dry and get a good dry rub onto them.... I think marinades don't work as well on their meat, maybe because of the oils...dry rub hard, let sit a couple of hours, smoke them and eat the same day! Lakers do not taste nearly as well, after a day or two in the fridge or even after vacuum sealed and frozen.

That is my opinion on eating lakers. They are not as sweet as steelies and cohos, with that nice pink flesh, but if done right and quickly, are still better than a lot of store boat fish.

All the ones we weigh in for the derbies are given away to guys that eat them.  I have tried them the ways these guys prepare them and would rather eat Kings, Coho, Atlantics and Steelhead.