Suggestions for getting out of the wind...

staying in the Cape Vincent area for a week, looks like some pretty windy days coming, any suggestions for getting out of the heavy wind? We usually fish both the lake and the river.

Fishing out of a 19 foot Deep V Targa. Mainly fishing for Pike, but set up with Rod Holders to slow troll for Walleyes. We did it last year and came up with a blank. We have had very good success fishing Pike, but no way will we be able to fish our normal spots with 20 MPH winds.....any suggestions would be appreciated....thanks  

PS i got this nice pike last year throwing a deep Diving shadow Rap.

Depending on the direction of the wind, and being that you are able to trailer there are many bays on the lake that would provide you shelter from the wind.

Lake of the isles?

Only problem with Lake of the isles is getting in there, the St Lawrence turns into a wash machine with high winds. We are heading to Cape Vincent tonight for a week, then up to Black lake for the opening of Bass next week. I hate to lose Sunday and Monday because of the wind, that is why i wanted to reach out and see if anyone had advice for getting shelter from the wind. French Creek Bay looks like we could get shelter there....I know Chaumont bay and Black River Bay are out, been there done that in the wind.  

That's what I was saying earlier it depends on the wind direction, those places are on the north shores, if the wind is coming out of the south/west you'll be alright there, you could put in at Henderson Bay we've had good bass fishing and pike fishing, I know guys were getting nice brownies but that was earlier in the season, or Sackets harbor they are on the opposite side, lots of possibilities. Buy a map of the northern part of LakeO then you can decide on what you want to do, just a suggestion.

Edited by pap

Thanks PaP, we are quite familiar with the area been coming up there for about 10 years now, however we have learned our lesson the hard way to stay off the main lake when that wind starts to blow more than 15 MPH. I appreciate it.... Pap do you know a good Walleye guide up there I would love to learn the ropes up there about catching walleyes. Thanks