Garmin TR1 gold help

I had someone install my garmin TRI gold last year and it worked great up until a month ago.  I am looking for a mechanic to get it back up and running.  Can anyone recommend someone please:?  The guy who installed it gets very busy and I have left two call backs over the last couple of weeks with no reply.  I often fish alone so the autopilot is crucial.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Does it turn both directions when it is in auto? If so I think you might have a problem with the remote itself. I have a tr1 gold so I am familiar with them

Edited by goin deep

My buddy attempted to put fluid in it but I am not sure if he knew what he was doing.  I look at the reservoir and it is bone dry.  Perhaps a quick tutorial on filling with biosoy.  I downloaded the manual but we can barely read it are confused.

Thanks,

The oil resevoir has a black cap. The neck this cap is on has a mark near its base that is the top-off mark. Fill to this point.

Where did the old oil go? You have a leak somewhere in the system. With mine, I once tried to use my kicker without disconnecting from the 135hp main engine first. The oil was forced into the control module and it had to be replaced. Hopefully you only have to replace the piston that moves the motor.

Fill the resevoir and test on the water. Look for an oil film on water surface. If leakage is from the piston, a slick will be present. 

If the reservoir was empty you are going to have to bleed the air out of the system. It's very easy. Your owners manual will walk you through it. Get on Garmin's website and you can get the manual there. Try to figure out where the fluid is going.