Keuka tomorrow with kids?

My friend and myself were thinking of bring our girls out tomorrow to catch some fish (age 5+6) but I'm not to sure about the weather. I have a 22' islander so from a safety standpoint I'm sure we would be safe but I was seeking advice from someone who fishes this lake enough to know if tomorrow's forecast of 15-20 mph south west winds would be too much to make this an enjoyable experience for them

You will be fine... I would launch at branchport and fish the west side... Only place you may find it gets really choppy is down near bluff at widest point of lake but looking at my forecast it should be fine all morning.. But If it is rough you could always fish the south end and probably won't get rough enough to notice down there even with the wind blowing..

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Not a bad plan but I think your gonna see suspended marks 20 to 50 heavy first thing in the morning and there will be some on the bottom but I think with the front approaching they will be on the feed in the top 50 so I would really focus there unless the graph shows other wise... spin doctors and flys and some smaller spoons will get it done.. Good luck and hope you post some pics of some smiling kids holding fish when your all done.. I was just looking at the weather and there is a possible dangerous front moving thru late morning so keep an eye on the cell radar..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

I agree with jk. You don't want there first experience in boating seeing dad be nervous about it. And remember its about them and not you catching a good trout. Give them a good start to a lifetime of fun.

Edited by Ahab

If you do take the kids don't forget the fun snacks juice boxes and lots of toys, but I'm sure you know all that. you have the right boat they will have lots of fun up front if they aren't getting bounced around. Remember this will be there first impression of boating. keep it fun and hope you can show them some nice fish.

This weekend was the most wrong I have seen the weather report in a long time. They really had it backwards. And good call FM13184, no need to take the kids boating in bad weather, could make them not want to go ever again....jk