Otisco....it can be done....

Well me and my big mouth said 2 weeks ago that it was getting good and if anyone wanted to catch it when it was decent and no weeds it was time...Boy I was wrong at least the way I do it! Immediatly after that post and hermits trip here surface temperatures rocketed up 13 degrees in less than 48 hours...I couldn't by a fish for 2 weeks in every hot spot I know where there are no shore guys. Last night temps were finally back in low 60s and I said no excuses and took the best 2 fishermen I know...Kevin you were on your boat!....out not to return without fish. At after 3 am the tenth time I dropped the trolling motor I found em...a spot a did well in 2013. It was lights out hooking 9 landing 6 and missing a couple in an hour. It starting getting light and over. Suspending lures only in 7-8 fow along the outside weedline with pauses was key. I hadn't fished there in years at night but you have to keep moving till you find fish and when you do it wasn't a finicky bite at all! Do not keep fishing water and waiting for luck....gotta go to them. That's my post....I'm not gonna spoon feed it...but it was a pick anybist would call good fishing...fish were 4-7 lbs

Great job...... Great post..... Confucius says, You must find active fish to catch fish!!! It is so easy to get committed to an unproductive spot...... And waste time wonder why they are not biting and thinking of all the reasons they should be biting based on info from electronics or past experience, etc.... When what you should be doing is checking out the next spot!!! Great practical example and success story. Thanks for sharing!!!!

No question about it . Don't leave fish to find fish but keep looking till you find them. In my opinion patients may be the most overrated quality in a good fisherman. If it isn't working you need to change up. I generally only give a spot two or three passes before moving on. That said I may return to a spot a couple hours latter and check it again.

Kevin as always spot on! Make a logical methodical plan and stick to it...and find fresh water...you'll know when you found em...and along the way you will learn this bite. Everyone thinks there are magic places that if you knew one you'd go there year after year and pound them...not here...my best spot any year has never been my best spot another year. Things change....anybody want my 2012 honey hole? Caught exactly 1 fish there since...and believe me I check it every week at least once. As Esox posted less time trying to figure out what's wrong with the lake and who is to blame and more time actually fishing for em...as fishermen it should be fun to earn ol' marble eye...

Plenty of boats out last night so I didn't leave the dock till midnite...it was awesome to see that many guys fishing and I didn't see tons of lights or anyone getting crowded...and I had lots of room and didn't get skunked! Even though I was on a pile of walleye i never did find THE trigger. I know I was having one of those nights where I just wasn't fishing well myself. Wayne did his part even fishing behind his son and I. We to actually could see the fish without lights and I knew that meant they saw us too...chop got nice late but it was getting light. Travis managed a 7 lb lmb late that made his night. Happy to have feeding fish again. Tonight is my night off...back Monday.

wow that was a nice catch!  Yesterday morning was my first time out in 3 weeks.  Didn't get any walleyes but landed 7 smallies and missed a few hooksets with a really nice muskie follow right up to the kayak.  Looked to be bigger than my 39" from last year but I'll never know.  The weeds aren't up as much as I was expecting.

Spent the evening on a small lake last night and trolled up 4 walleye 24" ers and 5 perch. Fish fry!!

Two color cores with reefs runners and a small rapala in creek chubb color, the largest lure out caught the perch go figure.

Hope to find time to fish with ya'll on Otisco

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-150622-14660183025296_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nautitroller