canandaigua trout derby

day 1 from the north.....  was on the lake setting up by 5:15 am, wasn't to bad for the wind at first . the skies look bad to the north of the city . the fish didn't seem to care they were biting . around  9:00 am my buddy got a call from  his son in law the ovens are down at cams pizza shop in pen yann , an hour later the call came back in need help so we picked up and headed back in. we did 5 lake trout 2 bows and I dropped a big laker at the boat , man did that hurt we stopped at the scale and weighed the bows biggest was 4.7 trying day 2 from the south with 20 mph winds don't expect much to happen , but you never know

Thanks Mike (s) :) . I guess my other thank you post didn't take for some reason but thanks guys. Hoping it will hold up at this point. It's never over till it is over :lol: Wind is supposed to be brutal tomorrow.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks fisherdude we had to do something when we knew you'd be fishing it :lol: We were under "pressure"  :) 

Thanks folks much appreciated.  It was a female and if it hadn't been the derby I would have released her but what a great fighter she was on ten pound test line and light gear and I am blessed with a son who is great with the net :)

Edited by Sk8man