Looking to have a Bimini top with sides made anyone know a quality operation in WNY?

i had a full stand up enclosure with a drop curtain to cover the back of the boat on my 16ft tin boat about 5 years ago by geordie magee,i believe his shop is in brewerton,but he has a trailer he works out of,he does most of the canvas work for the marinas up my way.it cost me 1800 bucks.

I had an extended two-tone top, strata glass front, isinglass sides and rear, two piece sides, drop curtains, exterior handrails for going forward, trim banding to match boat.

post-152209-14657810718951_thumb.jpg

post-152209-14657810892344_thumb.jpg

Edited by John E Powell

That's really sweet looking John!! I have enough head room I would like to extend it like two feet and then the drop curtain, could like do without that this year.

Not sure what size boat you have but I took my 18' Crestliner to Olson Bros in Derby and they had someone from Rochester come in and make me a convertible Bimini with zip off windshield, zip off side curtains and a skirt for the opening under the windshield. Quality is great and comes in handy for sun, wind in March - April and rain. Dropped it off in the morning and it was done by dinner time.

post-150258-0-99541900-1465785053_thumb.jpg

post-150258-0-01780600-1465785076_thumb.jpg

post-150258-0-00425900-1465785098_thumb.jpg

Just a personal FYI I had over $5,000 of canvas work done by Geordie Magee and although some of it has stood up well over time the last mooring cover I had made by Geordie himself the thread has deteriorated in about five years from UV exposure. I hope he has changed his thread by now something to ask if you decide on that option. He is a good guy who has been at it a long time so I'm not bad mouthing him or his business but given the high pricing of this stuff ($1,000 for that cover) it is something to consider and inquire about before "jumping in".

Edited by Sk8man