Is anyone fishing today in all this wind?

It's been such a hectic spring so far that I haven't been out on Lake O yet. I might finally do a shakedown trip today but I don't want to wrestle with choppy, windy conditions. I will launch at Chaumont Bay this afternoon if I decide to go. If anyone can tell me what the sea conditions are on and near Chaumont Bay I would greatly appreciate it. I'll also check the hardware store web site. If you hit the water today be safe and good fishing! Thanks in advance.

Why risk your life, other's life, your investment in a boat and gear to show you can be very uncomfortable out there? Stay home and cut your grass or something so as soon as conditions are better you can get on the water.

I agree, I have plenty of yard work to get caught up on anyway. I was just curious about the conditions. Tuesday is looking like a great day for a shakedown cruise, so I'll head out Tuesday. If conditions were decent I was just going to stay in the bay today, but why bother when I can wait till Tuesday and actually do some fishing. Thanks Jimski2, and good fishing!

If it is a shake down you want,then this is the perfect day. You'll shake up and down and,if you are lucky,up again.

LMAO, IF you come up again!!! LOL

Lol, I've done enough of those "shakedown" trips on the Gulf of Mexico south of Galveston TX. I don't need any more fillings rattled loose. It didn't take much to convince me that today was a good day to stay at home.

Yea 6ft seas I'm glad to hear you used your head, if ya don't use your head when it comes down to making a good decision then you might as well be an ass on both ends. There many better days coming Todd, good luck on your shake down trip bud!!! PAP!!!!

It's been such a hectic spring so far that I haven't been out on Lake O yet. I might finally do a shakedown trip today but I don't want to wrestle with choppy, windy conditions. I will launch at Chaumont Bay this afternoon if I decide to go. If anyone can tell me what the sea conditions are on and near Chaumont Bay I would greatly appreciate it. I'll also check the hardware store web site. If you hit the water today be safe and good fishing! Thanks in advance.

You would have to be out of your mind to venture out on the lake on Sunday! :shake:

Edited by MikeyP

Lol, did you venture out Sunday, or stay home like me?

It was so windy I spent part of the morning checking my boat lines and fenders to make sure everything was secure. I almost got blown off the dock and into the lake a couple of times. Lmao.

There was only 4-6 white caps, where is your guy's sense of adventure? I have been out in worse but it was 80 degrees with 70* water. A little splashing wasn't that bad.

I was on Chaumont bay Saturday night around 10pm walleye fishing.... Around 1130-12, In 15 minutes time, the wind came up so quickly you could hardly stand up in the boat. It was nasty! Out of the Nnw. Choppy ride back to the launch.

Had one one on..... Lost it before it got to the boat..... Assumed it was an eye.... Only strike before weather turned.

Those conditions can be hard to fish in. Today looks like a great day to be on the water, which is where I'll be later today, taking an afternoon shakedown cruise with the family who is visiting from Florida. I already test drove the boat before I bought it, so I know the major systems are working perfectly. I will have my electronics installed this weekend and I'll be fishing the first weekend on July. No rush though, I want everything working right when I do get out there.

Yep, 4-6 might have sounded more fun in my younger days, but I'm too broke now to beat myself up any more than I have to. Did you catch anything Chas?

That chop can get wicked on that bay.

Haha didn't go out, you think I'm nuts? Usually depending on the wind direction you can fish the bay the majority of the time but that NW wind is brutal.

You made it sound like you are a member of the high seas club, Lol.

I've also seen some brutal SW winds on the bay too. The only ones having fun in those conditions are the jet skis.

We skipped the shakedown cruise yesterday and took my sister-in-law and her family to Boldt Castle. So, they got a boat ride, but it was on one of Uncle Sam's boats.

South wind last night on Chaumont Bay. Rollers coming off the lake were 2-3's. We just trolled with them and it wasn't too bad. We went inside the bay behind Pt. peninsula and it was quite nice in there. Only one Sheep's all evening. Fished from 5 to 9 PM. Worked 20-30 FOW.

Were slipping at Kitto's this year, dock is still not finished at camp, got to get the wife right on that LOL, looking forward to taking the grand kids out fishing in Guffins and Chaumont this season, Hope to see ya out there Todd :)

You made it sound like you are a member of the high seas club, Lol.

I've also seen some brutal SW winds on the bay too. The only ones having fun in those conditions are the jet skis.

We skipped the shakedown cruise yesterday and took my sister-in-law and her family to Boldt Castle. So, they got a boat ride, but it was on one of Uncle Sam's boats.

O I am but not that weekend the wife wanted her countertops installed. Now that they are in I can start to fish. You still looking for that short shaft?