Gobie Problem Solved?

I witnessed this yesterday.  The kid would catch a gobie, whistle and the mink would come out of the rocks, grab the gobie and go stockpile them.  I watched for 15 minutes and saw this occur at least 30 times.   The kid said he had been doing it for four hours  before i got here.   :rofl:   :rofl:   :lol:   :lol:   i even hand fed it myself

http://vid42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/chasingfins/VID_20160614_192812337_zpsdjcnspzk.mp4

i showed it to the wife now she wants to train the mink at camp lord knows there are pleanty of gobies there as well

my old man's neighbor at his cottage started feeding the mink out of his hand when he was cleaning fish and next thing you know there was 50 of them around getting in everyone's boats and chewing wires and making a mess.everyone was pissed and got a trapper to come in and get rid of them.never had a problem with them before or since that summer

Those mink will make a mess of a cottage if they get in during the cold months. I wouldn't advise feeding them around your camp. The cottage we bought had a mink problem and we had to gut it down to the studs and spray it all with kilz paint. We picked up the place cheap enough but man do those little bastards piss and crap a lot.

it lives on the creek very near my cottage I have been keeping a close eye out for signs of it in the shed or camp itself.  havent seen any yet hopefully it stays that way.  guess i'll tell the wife no.  shes terrified of it anyway last time it popped out of a rock 20 feet from here and she dropped the fishing rod and took off running.  I couldnt get off the ground i was laughing so hard