Seneca Shake down

First time out fishing , got down to boat at about 2:45 Pm , Kinger took a look djd another look see and jumped in the boat......dock is gret for him and very easy for Carol and I......... lower her down started up the 200 ,,,,, not pissing .....turn it off took a peek at the back of the motor could not get a good look.....fire her back up and reved  a tad  started pissing water..... back her out pulled rod holders straight up with rods in them and headed across lake to see what all the work that was being done south of Lodi.......$$$$$ home and landscaping road access put in must have got a TON of permits....... put in a three rod spoon program with X4 in the water.....X4 had low battery reading ( Oops !!!!! ) change battery ,,,,,,,,, that's about    it mark some good bait pods but didn't mark or have a release......... headed back in about 5:15 pm ...... got her back in the hoist pretty fair.......

Good to hear you got out on the water. Great Kinger loves the dock to access the boat, he is the man. Sorry to hear about a non-release day on the water. In my case a bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work. Hope you and Carol enjoyed being out on the water. I'll try to put some dates out to you to hook up for a troll or two. Most likely in July if that will work with your schedule. Well Ed keep giving them the what for, and it will all fall in place.

Mike aka Lab 4

Glad you had a good shakedown.  Regarding the weephole, I had that problem for years.  Found out that in the fall spiders like to build nests in that small hole.  End of season I now put a piece of electric tape on outside of hole, haven't had a problem since.

Still a successful shakedown.. Great to hear everything worked and dock and hoist make things easier. . Good luck and hope to hear all those mid week reports coming again soon..

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks  Mike...

Good to hear you got out on the water. Great Kinger loves the dock to access the boat, he is the man. Sorry to hear about a non-release day on the water. In my case a bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work. Hope you and Carol enjoyed being out on the water. I'll try to put some dates out to you to hook up for a troll or two. Most likely in July if that will work with your schedule. Well Ed keep giving them the what for, and it will all fall in place.

Mike aka Lab 4

Bob is still coming over to do the teaking when he get new motor for his barge rig ..... Just pick your time and let me know any but the 4th should work... take care

Glad to hear you're back at it and everything is working!

Thanks Glenm you will have to stop by some time...

Glad you had a good shakedown.  Regarding the weephole, I had that problem for years.  Found out that in the fall spiders like to build nests in that small hole.  End of season I now put a piece of electric tape on outside of hole, haven't had a problem since.

Thanks Hop it was fine when we launched her to put her in the lift this spring , I've had promblems with mud wasps many time with the old boat I alway carried a piece of wire to run down it...... do you have a yammy on your fishmaster ?

Good going Ed. You have a great dock and hoist situation (I'm jealous). Keep listening to Kinger and you'll be on the fish for sure. He's probably figuring out all the new angles now that you're on the west side :lol:  Those damned spiders also get into the grills outside and plug the holes for the starter.....insects will be taking over the world :)

The pisser wont actually start throwing water until the thermostats reach temperature and open.  I was always freaked out by it too but my father in law (best merc mechanic in my area) told me to chill, it will start pumping when the thermostats open.  Sure as ****, they did, and it started pissing.  

Jim

The pisser wont actually start throwing water until the thermostats reach temperature and open.  I was always freaked out by it too but my father in law (best merc mechanic in my area) told me to chill, it will start pumping when the thermostats open.  Sure as ****, they did, and it started pissing.  

Jim

Thanks Jim .

Good going Ed. You have a great dock and hoist situation (I'm jealous). Keep listening to Kinger and you'll be on the fish for sure. He's probably figuring out all the new angles now that you're on the west side :lol:  Those damned spiders also get into the grills outside and plug the holes for the starter.....insects will be taking over the world :)

Ohboy now I'm in trouble Kinger was reading this over my shoulder , he's strutting here like a BIG king of the hill TOM turkey.....   :lol:

Maybe you know, a fellow on J ere has a 15hp motor.do you think a fish MN aster t ransom would handle that (130lb), along with a90hp mercy? Motor would be set right on transom.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I had that set up on this one with a 200 and 9.9 , also on my 1988 210 Mariner 80 hp Merc + 15hp as long as he has enough room for both motors to turn , sure as long as the transom is in good shape.

Edited by ERABBIT