Cayuga Jig 6-15

Went out last evening. Slow at usual spots so we fished north of Myers for long stretch. Fish and bait everywhere.Bait following jig to surface. Caught 13. All in the 23" to 25" range and one 16", Son got bonus 21" landlock 10' from boat reeling in. All fish caught in 45 to 55fow on usual white glow jig and lunker city shakers. Screen full of fish and bait 15' down as well. Surface temp was 65.My son kept me busy.I am getting good at reeling in fast and netting fish.

post-151646-0-26082300-1466079027_thumb.jpgpost-151646-0-50314900-1466079075_thumb.jpg

I have also been struggling with them. We went out last week and got nothing but I chalked that up to the Fish Finder issues I have been having (wont see bottom correctly anymore). 

Glad to hear the bite is on! 

Thanks for the report

I have been stuggling past few years, not just the past few trips.. Went out on Keuka in May, never had a hit, and caught one at cayuga about 3 week ago, had a few hits.. Troller on Cayuga did fantastic, so it was me, not the fish.. there are a lot of lakers out there, because the trollers are catching plenty, and some guys have great days jigging, but from what i gather, I am not the only one that doesn't seem to be catching as many as I did a few years ago... Might just be i am getting old, and don't set the hook as hard and fast as I did at one time.. At 62, that  hard and fast thing is  fading  away... bob

Edited by bulletbob

We were out yesterday. After one of the other posts I had to prove to the wife we could catch fish in afternoon otherwise I was in trouble. We jigged and ran rigs. Caught few north of miliken 60fow.
ran rigs past sheldrake north with mixed bag including 2 nice bows. then jigged front of wells. Caught 3 in 80fow there and had a number short strikes. Wind stopped few times and got hot on boat. We are trying all sorts of spots. There is a lot of 50 to 100fow on the lake so need to try everywhere other than usual spots. 

Sent from my SM-S920L using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by flyrod2