National Lake Trout Derby News

The answer to everyone's question... Yes, the derby will continue! It was decided last night that the derby will continue. There will be some changes to the board of directors and eventual changes in officers, adding some "new blood" to the organization. The people at Sports O Rama were very excited by the number of concerned individuals, some of which were in attendance at last nights meeting. For future reference, Lake Trout Derby meetings are closed to the public, however a special consideration was given to allow the public to attend the general discussion of last nights meeting. Next meeting is in July, to here from possible new board members, voting and adding those members will happen in August, and in September the derby will begin planning the next years event! Any and all new members will receive an invite to July's meeting to present their qualifications for consideration as new members.

The official registrant count was... 1213! Considerably up from last year! A very good sign. Only 248 fish were weighed, considerably down. 144 lakers, 12 browns, 51 landlocks, and 41 rainbows. Average weight of a fish brought to scale, 7.17 lbs.

Thank you to all who expressed concern for the derby and your participation! Together we have gauranteed the future of the National Lake Trout Derby!

Congratulations all!

Jason

That is very great news Jason. Thank you for your efforts on our behalf. I assure you we really appreciate it. My best to Scout and Theresa Bud.

I appreciate all the compliments. Thank you all! The derby means as much to me as it does to all of you.

We all deserve some credit here. I simply raised a topic, but the volume of comments, support and concerns generated an enormous amount of internet traffic. Their Facebook page went from 70 likes to over 370. LOU views reached 5900 or more. The support of all the charter captains, bait and tackle shops, and manufacturer's, and the corporate sponsors,all the folks who attended last nights meeting ( frogger was one of them) who all stepped up for this challenge all deserve a round of applause! None of this would be possible if not for all of your support. You definitely got their attention! I simply was the messenger. So please, keep up the support and pat yourselves on the back! Not only did you persuade them to continue, but all the gentlemen who were going to retire after this year have decided to stick around and " pass the torch". Thank you all and especially the LOU community! Job well done!

Thank you all!

Jason