Owasco derby this weekend

Fishstix is in.I dont like hearing about the weeds  Hope to end our derby slump. We will be on ch68.  My plan is to start on the south end ,troll to the north end ,then troll back.Makes for  a great day. I love Owasco. Good luck to all.

Awful day of fishing. Nice day to be out but not much action for me. Washed just about everything and got one laker around 6lbs. Released right after. Called it a day around 3. Back at dock, some slob brings bucket to look at board, decides his lakers wont make cut and throws them belly up in water next to launch. Lost my **** on him in front of marina owner. People are disgusting.

Awful day of fishing. Nice day to be out but not much action for me. Washed just about everything and got one laker around 6lbs. Released right after. Called it a day around 3. Back at dock, some slob brings bucket to look at board, decides his lakers wont make cut and throws them belly up in water next to launch. Lost my **** on him in front of marina owner. People are disgusting.

Makes me sick to my stomach to hear that.  It's so sad that some people just have no respect for nature; we are so lucky to have the resource and a nice lake to fish on.  Thanks much for calling him out, this kind of crap just isn't acceptable.  I am hoping that Jack won't take his entry form next year.

Had a rough day out there as well, was wondering if I forgot to put hooks on the line.  Hopefully will do some catching tomorrow.

Tight lines!

Stuff like this gives us fishermen a bad name.  Thanks for saying something to him!  Most would turn their cheek. 

For you finger lakes guys that have to battle weeds and prefer to run big boards, but can't take the fire drill that happens when you run a big board into a mat...the keels I designed for my otters are weedless and something you can make yourself. I ran them several times now and haven't had to bring them in 1 time to clear weeds off them.post-151276-14663539236043_thumb.jpg

For you finger lakes guys that have to battle weeds and prefer to run big boards, but can't take the fire drill that happens when you run a big board into a mat...the keels I designed for my otters are weedless and something you can make yourself. I ran them several times now and haven't had to bring them in 1 time to clear weeds off them.attachicon.gif20160217_171524.jpg

Cool design Justin!

We encountered some not so friendly anglers too, wonder if it was the same guys...

Anyway, we fished hard and couldn't get anything decent Saturday or today. Friday night was a different story and landed many bows including the one below. Sadly couldn't revive her after an amazing battle. 8lbs, 28 inches. All other fish released unharmed.

post-149977-14663543970819_thumb.jpg

That is one heck of a nice rainbow Alex :yes: As always timing  in life is not under our control but catching a beauty like that is a great experience no matter when it happens.