trolling spoons with a fixed slider

I've heard that you should fun a spoon with a spoon fixed slider how far behind the ball should I do the bottom spoon I heard use 6-8 ft leader for the fixed slider then unsure how far back on the ball

You just run the bottom (main) spoon just as you would normally . Keep in mind that the longer it is though the more potential slack there could be if the slider lure gets hit.

A mup rig is a mag spoon five/six feet above and forward of a standard size spoon on the main line off the ball. Therefor the lower smaller spoon would be about 14 feet back with a fixed Chester mag spoon on an eight foot leader.

The idea is that the larger spoon would attract the fish and when they fat back they will notice the smaller more enticing pray lagging behind and hit it.

• 5 weeks later...

I  run fixed cheaters all the time.  To change lures, I release from the rigger, and put the rod back in the holder until the spoons reach the surface. Raise the rod tip high and reel in SLOWLY !!  

If you crank the spoons too fast, they will spin and tangle together. Let the lures "swim" back to the boat..... Retrieve slowly and you will have no problems.