Bronte this morning..... Beautiful morning on the water!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new this year to fishing lake Ontario. Just purchased my first vessel worthy of the deep water. Having fun so far with moderate success. Catching lots of lakers and 2 kings so far. Caught an 18 lb the other day out front of bronte. Called the derby weigh station and the guy laughed at me. That fish was the best fight of my life. It nearly spooled me. Cant wait to get one thats worthy of a weigh in.post-160910-0-57495400-1467795473_thumb.jpgpost-160910-0-26470200-1467795501_thumb.jpg

Nice fish. I was out of Bronte on the weekend. 150 fow and riggers at 65 feet. 1 shaker, small 8 pounder and 1 solid hit that I missed. All the hits were on a Matrix spoon , purple with black and white. All 3 off the same rigger and spoon. It is nice .to see some kings back in the Bronte area. That Matrix spoon has caught more kings than any other lure that I have. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks guys. I've been running dipseys at 90' in 120 FOW... green Northern king spoons. It sounds like you guys are fishing alot more shallow than i have been.

I dont have riggers yet, so it's dipseys or nothin. I guess I'm gonna have to try some lures a little shallower. How deep do I need to go to keep the fish from spooking on the kicker?

Just got in. Went 3/4. 120 fow and 50 feet on the riggers. The giant came off a dipsey with a silver Williams 150 back on a #2 seting. 4c8ef975610df3efed8e00423af63eb7.jpg

Edited by yabmob

Nice fish. I was out of Bronte on the weekend. 150 fow and riggers at 65 feet. 1 shaker, small 8 pounder and 1 solid hit that I missed. All the hits were on a Matrix spoon , purple with black and white. All 3 off the same rigger and spoon. It is nice .to see some kings back in the Bronte area. That Matrix spoon has caught more kings than any other lure that I have. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Went out again this smornin 150 fow riggers set at 30 ft nailed this runner 17 lb thought for sure it was a coho the way it ranpost-160864-14684372150397_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Lake Ontario United mobile app