Lowrance hds 5 help

Had it for awhile over the years on two different boats and I've messed with it to get what I want.

Now I have different heavier Downrigger weight. Now there is just one big wide line where I have my Downriggers set at. Its pretty annoying and I can't get rid of them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It may help to lessen the sensitivity and see what that does. Also you mentioned the weight being different and heavier is it a different shape? If so it could be that because the weight is larger in length, circumference or now positioned directly below the transducer it is more prominent on the screen again adjust the sensitivity downward in small increments and see how things look . I'm not sure whether you have the standard transducer and are running at 200 KHZ or 83KHZ or a single bandwidth type (50khz) and that can make a difference in how it picks up your weight. After trying the sensitivity setting adjustments try changing to the other transducer bandwidth.

It may help to lessen the sensitivity and see what that does. Also you mentioned the weight being different and heavier is it a different shape? If so it could be that because the weight is larger in length, circumference or now positioned directly below the transducer it is more prominent on the screen again adjust the sensitivity downward in small increments and see how things look . I'm not sure whether you have the standard transducer and are running at 200 KHZ or 83KHZ or a single bandwidth type (50khz) and that can make a difference in how it picks up your weight. After trying the sensitivity setting adjustments try changing to the other transducer bandwidth.

They are different shapes. I was running torpedoes the new ones are shark style.

I'm running the standard transducer it came wt. 83/200. I believe off the top off my head it is currently on 83.

I will try adjusting sensitivity again as it didn't work sat when doing that.

Alex said it right that is exactly what I was referring to.....smaller cone angle... should help

Edited by Sk8man

Another thing too, if the transducer is transom mounted, maybe you can change the angle to a more forward down looking? One or two screws off the top of the bracket and slide in a shim to tip the transducer just a bit, and reinstall the screws, so it shoots the cone more forward is a possibility.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Adjusting the sensitivity will clear it up, unless your riggers are in the top 30-40'. When fishing under 50' use the 200hz and when fishing deeper use 83hz. You will have to play with sensitivity in both cases. Learn how to use your unit and you'll be surprised how much it can do. I can even see the thermocline on my elite 7 with the sensitivity up high enough.