Waneta,6/21

Fished there for 6 hours today. Had one going at the boat early but no score. Only fish i saw. Clarity pretty good for there,5'or so. I fished from my kayak today. Sooner or later i will get this thing slimed. post-142867-14665536177484_thumb.jpgthere is a kayak launch on the lamoka side now. I used it on the way out. A waste of $ imo. Much easier to just pull it out on the grass.

I saw them constructing part of it last fall, I was wondering what it was going to be...

It is actually an ADA accessible kayak launch, I didn't put 2 and 2 together on the opener, we launched at midnight. I thought it was odd that they had the ADA accessible port-a-jon when we got there but after reading the signage at the new launch it made sense. I work along side architects everyday and have picked up quite a bit of knowledge in the sense of ADA, I thought it was pretty neat.

I wonder how the kayak gets from the vehicle to the new launch though, seems like that would be the toughest part....

It's great to see money being spent at smaller/rural lakes like this, I'm hoping next time they might fill in some of the small ponds in the driveway/parking lot or dredge the channel.

They put one of those launches at the black creek launch on the genesee river last year. I've seen disabled people using it a few times, and I rarely fish there. Not sure how they get the boat back on the vehicle. 

They put one of those above the dam in Dexter on the Black River, last year already. I was stumped also in the beginning of the constitution of it. I think it's cool to see things taking place in little of the beaten path for the disabled. I can relate to this!!