SANDY 7/2/08 W/ A RARE CATCH AND PICS

Started off the creek in 110 FOW. Got 7 rods in and tripled. Had a steeie flying around on the surface w/ a Spin Doctor and At-tom-mik Mirage fly, a king ripping copper off the reel on a NBK and a very rare Atlantic Salmon flying around on a NBK. Boated all three (Atlantic - 4 lbs, King - 16lbs, Steelhead just under 10 lbs.) The first hour and a half we were 8 for 10 and then it turned to a slow pick. Worked from 110 - 180 from 60 - 80 down. The temp. is down around 70 - 75'. Ended the day with 8 kings (2,4,8,8,10,15,16, and 22.lbs 9 oz), 3 steelies (6,8,9lbs. 15 oz.) We weighed in one king and one steelie but were just short of the board. NBK and Mirage At-tom-mik behind a white Spin Doctor woth green spots were the only producers today. Off the water by 11am. On a side note, the steelie looked like it had just dropped out of a creek. The meat was white and it still had old eggs in it. The fish was very skinny. Here is the picture of the Atlantic and the 22.9 lb. king.

229king.jpg

atlantic.jpg

Nice job Brian. Now I wish I had gone, but there's always Thursday or Friday and Saturday and Sunday too :D 4 days off yeeeeee haaaaaaaaa!

Might do the bass thing on Thursday with the bosses son who has been asking to go. Buddy of mine hammered them last week.

hi scott....think you might be right about that current and the browns. did go out of braddocks yesterday and today. tons of bait along the bottom in 70 to 75 fow and i wasted alot of time in there even tho i knew the 64 degrees might be a bit warm.moved out to 80 to 110 where the temps were good but only managed small fish. finally around 11 today i moved it out to 140 to 170 and got 2 kings about 17 lbs and a couple small ones by 1 p.m. when i quit. temp was good around 80 down. downriggers did little and the same dipsy was hot. ran white spin drs. and no see um flies on everything the only difference was a 4 ft lead vrs. a 7 ft lead. my big problem was that huge undercurrent movingeast to west. my lead kept wrapping up in front of the dipsy and what a bear to try and bring in. think it was happening on the turns. the longer lead was worse. anyone else notice that current or experience that problem? don't fish out there much in the summer but never had that problem in the fall before. anyhow the best fish and action came off the lighthouse just before i quit.

i think you're right. i kinda was free spooling them to get 240 out quicker and was thinking that might be it. that current tho is something i've never recalled seeing before.the 2 bigger kings ripped out around 450 ft. then just layed down deep with the current and with the boat moving east and with the waves i figured them to be bigger! :D lot's of fun. wish i could be back out again tomarrow.

We had the same thing. The current has been horrible. The 22.9 king took 513 on the first run on the wire. It ended up out 753 and died out that far. It made for a long drag back to the boat.

I had the same problem last week with that tangle. Current was awful. I retied my leader because it was twisted a bit and didn't have a problem after that :? :D Alway fun to bring those back in :x

I think you can get those tangled leaders when you have shakers hitting the bait and getting off. I thought about using a snubber to prevent it from happening. Anyone have a similar problem when using a snubber?

monday when i turned to recover a lost fish i oversteered (turned to sharp)my inside dypsy spun on me and I let it out carefully.So I kinda think going slack is a bad thing anytime the dypsys are out.Oh and the fish played dead till i got to it then it kicked it into high gear and swam away,I think he just wanted me to tangle to get even for hurting his little lip with that sharp hook huh skip.