Henderson area

I'm new to the Henderson area, just looked through older posts and got some conflicting info. Is there anywhere specific that produces year to year? Heading out of Westcott park Friday morning, be out all weekend if the weather agrees

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Henderson area. Henderson Bay is littered with shallow rock shoals that tear up props and lower units every year. You usually can't see them before you run up on them. Get to know the bays real well so you don't ruin your equipment/

It's been a slow start to the fishing season from what I'm hearing. There's plenty of different types of fishing around the Henderson area. I'm the wrong guy to answer specific questions for you.

It would be a good idea to introduce yourself in the new member section. Tell us what kind of boat you have, what experience you have on the Great Lakes, etc. Where did you move from? There's plenty of knowledgeable members here that can answer many of your questions. Best of luck and stay safe!

I'm new to the Henderson area, just looked through older posts and got some conflicting info. Is there anywhere specific that produces year to year? Heading out of Westcott park Friday morning, be out all weekend if the weather agrees

I will also be camping out of Westcott beach Saturday-Tuesday.. I may get off work early enough on Friday to try the shipping lanes that evening.. I don't know where the Brown trout have gone. I haven't had any success with them in that area. Lake trout were in front of Stoney point light house in 130 FOW.. You will see other boats out there. I went to the shipping lanes last weekend and was not rewarded for my efforts. I only caught a small steelhead. Everyone in waiting for the Kings to show up in the lanes but we're catching lakers out there..