Opinions- Electric Fillet Knife

Just burned up my 2nd Mr Twister Fillet knife(green) after just one year of service... Soooo, Im in the market for yet another fillet knife. I have heard good things about the american angler. What are your thoughts and recommendations? It would be nice to own a knife that passes the one year mark, lol. Cheers!

I use a rapala dc knife that comes with an ac adapter also. I'm going into my 3rd season and I cut up quite a few fish. I think I'm going to move up to their cordless lithium-ion knife this year just for the conveniance.

I have both the cordless and plug in versions of the Rapala. I prefer the plug-in when cleaning a pailful, it generates less heat and I don't have the annoyance of having to change the battery half way through. I think that the battery version may lose a little power over time, too, though that's just a feeling. 

The wickedest system I ever saw was a regular fillet knife that the guys kept razor sharp even during cleaning with a sharpener that looked like a yo-yo. They'd insert the knife into where the "string" would go and make a couple of back and forth movements with one hand, rolling the thing across the table. They'd do this every few fish, it only required one hand and it only took a couple of passes to keep the knife sharp. I bet they wore through knives' metal pretty fast, but still, I'd love to know where they got the sharpeners. I've never seen the like since.

I had an American angler for over 15 years and just wore it out. cleaned a pile of perch with it, it still works but I can't get the blades in it any more.I'm now using a Rapala heavy  duty, more power,small V8. So far so good. If I just use it on Eyes it will last me for ever. :lol:

My buddy, an avid fisherman, says great things about the american angler..... He has had his for 6 years. They just came out with a new more powerful model..... And the transmission is all metal. Also, its made by ginsu so i guess the blades are pretty good quality. But the new model is $95.00!! Guess if you can get 10-15 years out of it thats pretty cheap money[emoji848]