Whats your opinion, meat or MC rockets ?

Back when meat became 1st became popular, I ran it, and it produced well for me........ back then, I ran in mostly in the fall to staging kings behind 11" flashers. 

Since then, I've transitioned to Rockets. I've had some super days with it, and some not so super. But in general, once I learned how to tune it and how to run it,  it produces as well as "real meat".... run behind spinneys, dodgers, flashers, and clean at all times of the year. I rarely fish real meat anymore........

It's not the answer you were hoping for, but it is my experience. 

I don't have a lot of experience with meat, but I would definitely recommend Rockets.  They are easy to tune and rugged.  Plus, Mike is a great guy to deal with.  He is very generous and will help you as much as you need.  If you want, you can also inject them with scent to help with attraction.

I bought MC Rockets for the first time 2 years ago and put one down.  Within 10 minutes I had a king but.....that was the last king I caught on one.  For several weeks I put down both meat and rockets at the same time and the Rockets never fired again while the meat did.  I like that they are very tunable, but they just don't work that well for me.

Sheep dog,

My boat was down and out this weekend so I took a trip up to Newfane to hit the tackle stores.  The Slippery Sinker is listed as having MC Rockets but they are out completely.  The guy said they sat on the shelves for ever but then they flew off the shelves this year.  Not sure if he is going to restock.  ABS had Rhys Davis knock off them, they only come in one color though.  

Sheep dog,

My boat was down and out this weekend so I took a trip up to Newfane to hit the tackle stores.  The Slippery Sinker is listed as having MC Rockets but they are out completely.  The guy said they sat on the shelves for ever but then they flew off the shelves this year.  Not sure if he is going to restock.  ABS had Rhys Davis knock off them, they only come in one color though.  

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...