Connection to spoons

I noticed a bunch of spoons don't always come with a split ring. What method of attachment do you use to connect those to the leader?

I think I used to just use a snap swivel but since fishing years ago I prefer my swivels up the line and tie directly to a split ring.

Wondering what the masses were doing these days.

thanks,

Spike

• 2 weeks later...

We also use a snap swivel with bearing to connect to the factory spoons. A few weeks ago we lost a fish because the snap cracked right where the spoon sits. Not sure what caused it but now we replace all of snap swivels before going out.

I picked up some 60 pound cross lock ball bearing sampo's are these sufficient in strength for sliders and to attach spoons to dipsey leaders? I'll be pulling wire for dispeys and 30 pound mono for riggers. What about connection points for attaching spin docs. I got some DW ones as well.

thanks

I picked up some 60 pound cross lock ball bearing sampo's are these sufficient in strength for sliders and to attach spoons to dipsey leaders? I'll be pulling wire for dispeys and 30 pound mono for riggers. What about connection points for attaching spin docs. I got some DW ones as well.

thanks

When I used sliders I made sure the slider swivel was smaller than the swivel on the main line. If they were the same size there was a chance the slider could pass the main line swivel. So make certain that can't happen.

Spike