speed and temp system help

I Don't have one and am trying to convince My wife we need one. But some of the people she knows (Charter Captians) don't use them and she says we don't need one. We have been trying to use the speed on our electronics. I know that can be way different at the cannon ball. what is your thoughts guys.

I live by it for browns in the summer. They are very temp sensitive and i like to find it quick before the sun is too high. Besides that, you can save the money and just look at this site to get the general idea of where the fish are. Main reason i have one is that i won a $400 gift card for a fishhawk system. It works...but you dont "need" it in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I Don't have one and am trying to convince My wife we need one. But some of the people she knows (Charter Captians) don't use them and she says we don't need one. We have been trying to use the speed on our electronics. I know that can be way different at the cannon ball. what is your thoughts guy

You need it! One of the best or possibly the best investments you can make.

Fishing without a speed/temp probe is just boating.

I own 2 different brands and would't leave the dock without them.

Edited by drlfc

Here is the list of most important and best purchases for the boat that I've made in descending order.  

#1 autopilot (got tired of cursing at who ever was attempting to drive)

#2 Fish Hawk speed and temp -using SOG on your GPS sucks to dial in that 1.7 to 2.5 species dependent speed.

#3 Raymarine chart plotter with NOAA vector charts.  Super accurate and lets you pound waypoints over and over again 

#4 Great Lakes Planners arch system.  No more doing a rod dance to deploy 12 rods.  Make setting up twice as fast.  

#5 Boga grip - great for picking fish out of the net and not having to worry about a angry fish flopping around trying to ram a hook in your hand.  

Here's the argument against the point that 'what's his name is a charter captain and he doesn't need a speed/temp probe'. A charter captain is on the lake frequently and develops a 'feel' based on experience if the lures are running at the right speed based on subtle clues such as rod bend, etc. The charter captain has a network of other charter captains and they network to put each other on fish. They don't need a temp probe to find the right zone, collectively their network has already determined where to start and the productive depths. As an outsider, your temp/speed probe will give you a fighting chance to find fish in the absence of a network of people sharing information. I bet charter captains don't consult LOU either, but it doesn't mean it's not a valuable resource.