There are kings, Steelies, Browns and lakers to had out of Oz. Browns are anywhere from where 62 degree water meets the bottom out!! There is bait from 40-50 out, kings are from 100-300+. Steelies are mixed in with kings, and the lakers are on the bottom from 100-200'. Spoons, F/F, and meat all taking fish. Good luck!!

Capt Rich

There are kings, Steelies, Browns and lakers to had out of Oz. Browns are anywhere from where 62 degree water meets the bottom out!! There is bait from 40-50 out, kings are from 100-300+. Steelies are mixed in with kings, and the lakers are on the bottom from 100-200'. Spoons, F/F, and meat all taking fish. Good luck!!

Capt Rich

Good ole Captain Rich. One of the few Charter Captains on this site (along with Yankee Troller) who freely gives out general fishing info to help fisherman find a place to start. You are to be commended Sir! :yes:

Edited by MikeyP

I can tell you one boat had 18 bites this morning on a 6 hour trip. Mostly spoon bite, yellow killer was good, all mag size spoons. The bait has slid inside, from where it was yesterday. The biggest was 24.5lbs, fleas are pretty thick, wire and 30lb line. Most could not get a meat bite, but they had a few go on meat. I will be out Sunday.

Capt Rich

Edited by Rich D

Fished noon to 5 pm. I was solo running 3 rods out of a 17 ft boat. Fished spoons different depths over 200 fow. Halfway decided to Drag spoons and cowbell rigs on bottom over 150 to 200 fow. No luck. Only marked one large bait ball. Marked a handful hooks but no action. Was nice to get out and enjoy the weather and fishing was a bonus. Will be out Sunday afternoon to try again. Going to focus on deeper water if weather permits. Any info appreciated

Sunday going to be fishable? Going to lay down West 10 Monday east 5to 10. I have this trip planned ruled sat out with 7ftrs or will it be leftover huge rollers Sunday?

Best way to know is head out there.  Can't always rely on weather reports.  If I relied on weather reports, I would not have gone out at least half of the times that I have!! :yes:

Good ole Captain Rich. One of the few Charter Captains on this site (along with Yankee Troller) who freely gives out general fishing info to help fisherman find a place to start. You are to be commended Sir! :yes:

OK I see you also experience vague or no reports. So we aren't that different. Remember me from the Shipping Lanes thread. And yes, thank you Captain Rich and others who make this the only forum I found with any significant information.

The last I heard was there were kings around. Five to six days ago there were alot of kings all over the place, but my understanding is that the water is changing and a bit unstable on the east end and mature kings are harder to find at the moment (but they are still being taken daily). Since the water changes daily, and often hourly, the fish move so reports from a couple days ago don't necessarily help. By the time you read it, things have changed.  There are a lot of fish in the system this year.....big fish !

As of a few days ago, this is the info I have heard.....

Flasher Fly bite is On!  The meat bite has been good this season, but FF seems to be taking over now. A-Tom-Miks leading the way. I hear the A-Tom-Mik glow B-fly has been super hot. A-Tom-Mik Pro Am is another that gets mentioned often, and UV 190. Many bites coming in the 70-110 area of the column (but that is changing as we speak!) Spoons that are working, just to name a few are Stinger Alewife patterns, UV GatorUV Tux and Die Hard. Divers from 150-250. Coppers from 300-500 and riggers from 65-110. Kings were being taken from 120 to out past 300 fow.

The impending west wind will change all of that so temps and fish will likely be deeper after the weekend, and then things will once again change daily.

So.....the only report that really matters is that the fish are around to be caught !!  Kings of all year classes, lots of Steelhead this year and lots of browns....plus lakers. What more could you want ?  You just have to be on the water to catch them.

Go get em   :yes: 

Edited by Fishtails