IT'S A FISHAL. Port of Rochester.

Updated Daily through derby.07/01/16 thru ?

Solo trip 06/23/16, 6am to 12. A basic scouting trip. 3 rigger setup.

Set up in 100 fow out to 225fow.

180fow of water took a huge screamer 105 down,. After about 2 minutes line broke. Good bye sick wagler. Very bummed over that one. Definitely had some weight to him. Temp at 100 feet over 180 was 48 degrees, but at 90 feet over 180 it was 54. So huge temp change between 90 and 100 over 180.

Most action was between 180 and 225 fow. All around 100 down.

All lure bite. Watermelon, sick wagler,chicken wing.

Surface temp 61 to 63.

140fow 105 down 53 degrees

125 51

180fow 65 58

90 54

105 48

Lost all 3 hits today. 0 for 3. Sure the other 2 were teens, but their grandad hit my line today and took my favorite lure.

I changed all swivels and replaced at least 12 trebles and 10 singles. Not happening again. July 1st is just around the corner. Can't afford to lose fish.

Hope everyone is doing the same.

Happy Fishing, See you out there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by ITS A FISHAL

Wow at least some action! Demoralizing after losing a few fish but I'm happy you stuck it out for a good report. What pound test you using? Also how far of a lead? Next time I'm sure you'll be ready takes ya off guard with it being so quiet lately.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

20lb with 20 to 30 foot lead. I'm telling you. I don't think 30 lb test would of made a difference. My medium heavy rod was bent so far over. Tip was just inches from water. Barely could get rod out of holder. Best screamer I've had in a long time. It will haunt me.

Ring Ring, Hello this is Mark. Sure I can out fishing for a few hours, lol.

Lol, you have a point. It was a last minute decision. Summer is just heating up. I'll give u a ring next time. I know where the derby winning fish is. He told me to come back and get him on the 1st.[emoji12]

It's a good challenge whenever you re  on a solo trip and I promise you it will not be easy when you re trying to net in a screamer with a rod on one arm and the net on the other!

Thank you for sharing! Tight lines.

It's a good challenge whenever you re on a solo trip and I promise you it will not be easy when you re trying to net in a screamer with a rod on one arm and the net on the other!

Thank you for sharing! Tight lines.

Did that last week. Maybe 18lb steelhead. Had him at back of boat. After 3 tries net hooked lure and ripped it out of his mouth. That's happened a few times over the years. I brought some monsters over the rail going solo, it can be fun but as much of a pain in the a**.

I have a 27# king I boated solo the second year I owned my boat. Aftera 45 minute fiasco of everything behind my boat being tangled and a battle of two wills, I landed him after he hit a free slider on one of my riggers. I jumped up and down, swore a million times, played air guitar, you name it after he hit the deck.

He now resides on my wall.......I remember it like it was yesterday.

Nothing like those solo battles my friend..... keep at it

Good luck,

Chris

27 lber today was glad he hit MO only wire rod because about a half hr b 4 a 23 lber broke my other

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice job... ended up with only a couple teens. Back at it in the am. Was doing experiment rigging today. Not very productive. Back to basics.

Happy Fishing, See you out there.

we struggled fished my normal late morning early afternoon got one small king about 8lbs in 140ft that was it for the day didnt mark any fish all day only one other knock off and that might not have been a hit.