Set up in 150' off Wilson heading North-took a decent King in 180' on a blue/green stinger free slider set 66' down. Worked out to 400' with nothing to show. Spun around and headed towards microwave- found a decent temp break in 325'- 78'and 88' riggers took 5 kings in 5 passes, then we lost the break and could not find it again- spoon bite - NBK and warrior black/pearl took all. Managed one more King off Wilson in 290' while heading back in-NBK- 88 down to end the day at noon- all fished released to fight another day. It was just my dad and I and we had a blast-back at it in the AM. First time out in 3 weeks- so nice to have every fish screaming drag!!

I'm thinking of coming up from Pittsburgh to Wilson to fish tomorrow morning.  Would you say that the salmon fishing is "on fire"?  What I'm getting at, is it worth the trip up?  I only make the trip maybe 1-2x per year.  I'm dying to hear my dipsys rip.

Jig stick- hopefully others that were out today chime in- there were many- if I don't find the temp break that I did it would have been a long morning. So on fire- I wouldn't say that but I am curious as to how others did- I would never tell anyone to make the trip from Pittsburgh- you just never know with this lake but I will say this- plenty more majors around than last year. Manage to get at least one major damn near every trip out this year

Great job and nice report battle hammer. Your killing me fishing while I have to work

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hear ya shakenbake- work had me running ragged the last 3 weeks- it was good to finally get back out again- even better to enjoy a morning like today with my father- the years are catching up to him but he was like a kid in a candy store when the bite went crazy on the temp break - great memories made!!

Big thanks out to BattleHammer, FlxTroller, and Capt Tom from TOMKATT Sportfishing for helping me get on some fish this past Saturday.  I cant thank you guys enough for helping an "out of towner" out.  Definitely made the 5hr drive up worth it. Its nice to know that theres guys on LOU that are willing to help out guys like me, who have limited opportunity to participate in the Ontario salmon fishery.

Made the drive up from Pittsburgh and had beautiful weather.  Took me some time to switch from my usual walleye mentality to salmon.  But I eventually got on some fish.  Ended up with 2 mature kings in the boat, lost one right at the surface 20ft behind the boat.  Also took some some vicious hits from the steelhead who put on a show coming out of the water.  Also managed a few shakers and 1 coho.  Cant wait to come up again...which I'm slated to do the last week in july.

Biggest fish landed was 27lb 3oz female.  Loaded with full size tight eggs.  Is that normal for this time of year?

pulling_zpsmxgi0vg6.jpg

fish_zpssj0gb9el.jpg

Edited by jigstick

Yes thank you!! Great starting point I setup in 130 straight out of the chute had the first fish at 175 headed west in 170-220 unreal fishing. Carbon 14 and bloody death took a combined 14 shots on 300 copper and a dipsy on 3 215 back