Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rayfish

Evening SLR eyes

Yes, I try to keep it a foot off the bottom. However they don't seem to bite after dark? The gobies

Edited by rayfish

I had the same experience jigging after sunset last week. Goby worm stealing dropped off but if it wasn't moving they found it. I just found a study by Ontario dnr that says they found them to feed most actively at night. With there small eyes maybe they forage on the bottom more at night so the floating harness probably helps keep them away from worms. Anything that will help is good. Thanks rayfish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Anywhere from Clayton to chippawa bay. I've been finding them mostly on the sides of humps that drop to 30-60 ft. Hugging the bottom with my bb and floating worm harness. 8-10 pm seems to work for me!

Nice eye! I'm wondering if the alewives are spawning/swirling on surface at night yet and if so how long have they been in? Cape Vincent area. Do you guys down river farther get the massive runs of alewives around now or don't they go that far from the Lake?

They r in clayton..... Perch and other fish hammering them for last couple weeks.

Alewives that is........