Seneca Saturday report

Lakes setting up for the summer holes. Thermo is moving a round a bit, slight changes in areas anywhere from 5-20 foot difference in overall depth change.

Riggers parked 91 and 104 over 90-120 fow producing fish steadily. Pulling tc-spinglow and gambler rigs in various colors.

Spoons producing Lakers in the depth range of 50-75. Higher spoons fished in or near t-cline are producing the silvers.

Past few trips on seneca have produced some quality bows. Also note, we have managed a few Atlantic salmon I'm the 8-9" range. Have the DEC finally stocked some little guys? Or did the spring opening of the canal system offer a gateway for fiesty bored Atlantic's to venture to seneca from cayuga? Orrr, do we maybe have a case of some natural reproduction going on? I prefer the later on possibility.

Stinger and DW spoons seem to be working best for bows, Lakers are enjoying the FLX spoons a bit deeper in green and I black colors.

If running probe, based on my x4 numbers, best ball speed has been 2.3 to 2.8. with that 2.6-2.8 being best. Some fish have been taken well over 3.0 ball speed.

Trolls producing all directions with north troll being better than most. Zig zag ALOT, sudden sharper turns, not gradual. It makes a DIFFERENCE. I may look like I don't know what I'm doing, chances are I don't, but do it.

Mag divers #2 setting, long leads, out 210 and 225 producing, spin drs only, no echip bites since derby.

I know the cayuga lake reports are definitely keeping guys from fishing seneca, don't let the slow reports stop ya from coming over, they are there and active. Experiment and play, that's what makes us better and more satisfied to catch. Upcoming weeks will be time to find Mr brown town.

Nick

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-145590-1466934948787_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14669349650631_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14669349993622_thumb.jpg

nice report nick we pass each other yesterday , very nice looking ship you
have there . we hit a few lakers and had a very hard rip of the board
but time i got to rod no buddy home . we had riggers slide divers and boards
park in the depths you mentioned . we didn't get over 2.0 sounds like the
difference between having more action than we did . we do make hard turns at times
 more do to the wife at helm and texting  :lol:

Edited by fisherdude

VERY nice report Nick..... :yes:

We got out yesterday very late 2pm , fished east side ran three spoons , turned and came back with two gamble rigs , had a fair screen , never moved a rod...... keep losing i-pilot signal , I think it was all the pollen from this spring before I had a roof on ( hope that it ) quite around 4:30 pm...... got to get out later or earlier to hot.... 

post-140312-14669396688344_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the tip on the water yesterday. Was showing a coworker how to troll on his new tracker with a 6 rod spread, 2 riggers, 2 wires, 2 color core, and 100 ft copper. Trolled high banks, belhurst hole, south past Roy's zig zaging from 40 to 140 fow marking fish the whole way but just couldn't move a rod.

After talking to you we moved to that 105 depth on a north troll and dropped some old school Luhr Jensen cowbells with spin n glow and it was fish on. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ed

it sounds like your getting old. That sun will put you in the grave. Try getting out early like 6 am off the lake by 10.30. better yet take up night fishing. I'm like you now. Cant take the heat no more. Could it be old age.

Ed

it sounds like your getting old. That sun will put you in the grave. Try getting out early like 6 am off the lake by 10.30. better yet take up night fishing. I'm like you now. Cant take the heat no more. Could it be old age.

Thanks Ray , I am getting OLD but like you still young at heart

I still have a young heart too, but I listen to what my body tells me to do now. Anybody that takes medication and fishes in the hot sun all day is looking for trouble. I remember when I had to take the old guys off the lake early because he wasn’t feeling right. Now I know what he felt like.

Nice to hear Nick! Fished Saturday morning in a buddies boat. Trolled Severn to Dresden and back. Hooked about a half dozen Rainbows, all on sliding cheaters. Unfortunately most of them went airborne before they even popped the release and came unbuttoned. Still a lot of fun though!

Brian, great. I'm enjoying them. So many different colors yet to try!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have more new colors and a couple more coming out.

Excellent report Nick. Allot of guys including myself are pretty gun shy when it comes to Seneca this year but with your positive report maybe it's time a few of us get our tails out from between our legs and splash down!!!

Glad to hear the gamblers are producing in the finger lakes, I just got a few to try on Cayuga this weekend! Nice detailed report, thanks!

Sent from my XT1565 using Lake Ontario United mobile app