Casting bite is pretty good on Otisco!

I fished tigers pretty hard this weekend with a family I had last year for the first time in over a month, and though I had heard many good casting reports lately I have been fishing eyes. Otisco definitely didn't disappoint! We didn't land many but had plenty of action. Biggest fish was a mid forties on a jerkbait caught by an 8 yr old. If you are a caster and you haven't been here the last couple weeks you prob should get out there. Many reports of high quality fish being caught on a daily basis. Anyone wanting info is welcome to pm me

I'm not sure who was happier...mom, dad, Maddux, or myself! It was a surreal experience. Keep in mind that Maddux caught the biggest tiger of the year last year on my boat trolling and now has the biggest casting tiger I've ever put in my net. He has an impressive attitude and worked hard to achieve a goal. He did nothing but fish hard and listen respectfully...

He fished 16+ hrs a day...mostly from shore and not for tigers but still....all casting and not sitting watching a bobber...to have that energy sure but patience and attention span was cool...Its awesome to see the passion is alive...btw he doesn't like video games!☺☺☺☺

Would have been a better photo but that's my fault! As soon as I began lifting the fish out of the net for a quick pic with Maddux the fish launched itself airborne easily clearing the net and slipping my grip! Apparently the fish didn't need reviving whatsoever!

That's so awesome, congrats to the family of the boy and of course JR. To be that relentless at age 8 is unheard of anymore!! I'd be willing to say that he will make it to top in the world of tournaments, which in turns spells big Yankee $$$$. I'm sure you Justin were in a dazed state also to have the largest fish in your net, caught by one hell of a fisherman, and caught off your boat. Congrats to all that made this young man a moment of a lifetime!!!

Edited by pap

today I had the curse of Otisco. After reading all these posts about tigers I was eager to get out. Hit up bass pro and got a few new lures, and did some work on the boat last night in hopes of hitting some tigers today. Well, when I finally got out the engine had some problems. Ran rough for an hour and just as I was going to call it quits it got going normal. So I drove down to the other end of the lake by the dam to grab one of my buddies and then work the north side for tigers. He got in my boat, I stopped to get weeds off of the engine, and it didn't start again. We ended up rowing to a friends house who happened to have a launch and got the boat out. Looks like I'm out of commission for awhile, unfortunately it had to be while the tigers are hot

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I had a group out today and we hooked 7 and landed 5. Very tough bite except when the sun popped out. If you were in good water when it was sunny it was lights out. Work over weeds 12 fow or so and you have to figure out what they want...jerkbaits, inlines, and plastics all have their day but usually not all at the same time.... Today's fish were mid 20's to mid 30's. We saw good fish but never had anything in the 40s interested. Pics to follow when I get em...