Lac Seul trip results

Just back from the great Lac Seul in Ontario, Canada...what a trip! We stayed four days with an outfit on the East side, then moved for the next five days to Silver Water Wheel (SWWL) on the South Central portion. Weather was great, fishing was hot, hot, hot, the bugs weren't bad, and our only complaint was getting nickeled and dimed to death at the first of the two lodges. For example, we were "charged" to park the car at the boat launch (the lodge was on an island) and I think we paid for the guide's gas as well as his fee. Minnows cost $200 for the four days. Ouch.

Still, SWWL more than made up for it. SWWL keeps track of its fish as a management tool, so we actually had numbers for ourselves, as well as everyone else in camp. The last day alone, we had over 100 walleye that were 18"+ (topped out at 27.5") and 27 smallmouth bass better than 16" (on topwater!). Our largest pair of pike were 38". The boats were Aluminacraft 18' with Yamaha 90 hp 4-strokes and LCX-37c graphs (and we fished the same boats after dinner as we were guided in during the day). The guide has fished on the tour and knew his stuff; we learned a lot. And the scenery...well, it's Canada:) Best of all, the owner quoted us a price, and at the end of the trip, that's exactly what we paid. He even refunded our GST himself and discounted the price by the cost of our licenses, since we already had them. Beautiful.

If anyone is thinking about a trip North to Sunset Country, give me a shout and I'll send you my research on lodges, prices, etc...with more details on our experience.

Now, time to hit up the Big O!

Gator

• 7 months later...