Owasco reports?

I'll be heading to Owasco for the first time in about 10 years. Just wondering how the fishing has been for lakers and rainbows recently. Also it looks like walleye fishing has been hit or miss? Any reports would be very helpful. Jeremy

J,

Don't get your hopes up for a rainbow. I think the best way to catch a 'bow on Owasco is to catch a walleye, and hope there is a 'bow inside the 'eye.

I trolled/jigged Owasco one day last week and didn't do very well. I read that SirBean jigged Owasco recently, and is planning his next trip to Cayuga in hopes of finding fish. Owasco really turns on in about a month.

good luck-

Rusty

Jeremyseg We have been getting a few Rainbows on Owasco most from 10 to 40 ft down. We put a few lakers in the boat Wed along with this 30 inch Rainbow, an eleven year old caught. It put on a good show coming out of the water five times. The bait was all on top Wed and most of the lakers were from 20 to 60 ft down all over the lake.

IMG_2104.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We caught this rainbow on a green and silver spoon with black dots on the green area. Shape was willow leaf and is about 4" long. Purchased at Walmart in Lockport. Caught many lakers with this as well. Use a silver flasher 20' off the weight. Leader is about 24". Troll 2.5 mph.