Canadarago Lake 07/02/08

On the water by 5AM to fish for walleye. Hit the Southwest end of the lake from 20-25 fow with stickbaits & worm harnesses. Caught 2 pickerel & nothing else. :( Tried all along the west shore to the North end of the lake throwing everything but the kitchen sink. We were rewarded with 2 rock bass. :( Off the water at 3:30 & sunburned. Looks like I should stick to skipping stones.

I fished canadarago a lot when I lived in the hills just south of there....I did real good on walleye on the west side of the island in 5 to 8 fow on a windy day just drifting a yellow bucktail and worm bounced off the bottom.

worm harness worked good around sunken island too, but the troll was as slow as you could go and sometimes out of gear and slowing near astop would entice the bite......do think Ray is sincere about bein sad...really ;)

On the water by 5AM to fish for walleye. Hit the Southwest end of the lake from 20-25 fow with stickbaits & worm harnesses. Caught 2 pickerel & nothing else. :( Tried all along the west shore to the North end of the lake throwing everything but the kitchen sink. We were rewarded with 2 rock bass. :( Off the water at 3:30 & sunburned. Looks like I should stick to skipping stones.

I fish that lake a lot and was just wondering if you had a south or southwest wind while you were there?

I fish that lake a lot and was just wondering if you had a south or southwest wind while you were there?

The wind was all over the place. It came from each direction at least a couple of times during the day, nothing definate.

The wind was all over the place. It came from each direction at least a couple of times during the day, nothing definate.

The reason I ask is that place usually doesn't fish well when the wind has any kind of a southerly flavor to it except for late in the afternoon into the evening.

The reason I ask is that place usually doesn't fish well when the wind has any kind of a southerly flavor to it except for late in the afternoon into the evening.

Now ya tell me. :D