Kings in the shipping lanes yet?

Hi guys!

New to fishing for Kings and was told the shipping lanes are the place to be late June until 3rd week of July. Has anyone been out there yet to try it and see if the kings are staging yet? Just got some mag 10s to put on the boat and hope to give it a whirl this year. I have been out there before with my buddies boat but not in my own boat so hoping for any advice or assistance from any of the pros on here that are willing to give some information like which spoons are better and flies?

Thanks,

Bob

I am ignorant to the topic of this thread. I would like to know more about the shipping lanes as well. I am so stupid. I don't know what Calf thread is and i can't find reference to it online. I know I shouldn't believe what i read online but I hope this is a trustworthy forum. Pbbst

Edited by Kotaztrafy

Found a great thread concerning the Calf. It explains the location and such. Getting a clue! hehehe

You wouldn't have a clue if your life depended on it.

Edited by MikeyP

But I am getting a clue. I admit I was out of line with my frustrated comments. My frustration at the time was stirred up by other sources. Though the reply to this thread was vague, because of my ignorance, I reacted to my frustration unjustifiably. 

The lanes do take knowledge of the area and some familiarity with your equipment to fish. It's not an area I would recommend if you are starting out.  You can find yourself in a real jam if you come up on the wall with your gear set too deep, and often times boats trolling in the opposite direction can pinch you in if you don't watch yourself.  

Just be very careful out there !!  A lot of that structure on the wall is lead  :)

Thanks Fishtails!

I do have a course plotted on my GPS that was used by my buddy when I was out there with him a few years back. We stayed back away from the wall and done an oval pattern around that area. I have been out there 5 or 6 times with him over the years, so I guess I'm not entirely new to the fishing just the idea of out there fishing with my own boat.