Owasco 6/29

The good news is I trolled the west side from the south end and did not get any fleas. Marked a lot of fish in 90 - 140 FOW, but had no bites. Threw the kitchen sink at them. Only saw one other troller out today. Got chased off the north end about Noon with some thunderstorms. 3 trips to Owasco this year and been skunked each time, last year every trip was double digit Lakers and Bows. Last year Cayuga was slow for me, this year year that lake has been on fire for me. I guess I am on a two year cycle with my lakes.

Sometimes the spoon program is off but FF will produce ( faster), sometimes it's a super slow troll speed 1.8 or less, with Suttons n flat fish. Sometimes the fish are up in the water and they spook really easy, then the dipsy bite way back (300'+) is good, or with lead cores off boards way out away from the boat. These FL fish can be finicky and if you are marking them and they look active near a bait cloud they will bite. This time of year ya gotta make em think they better act fast before they lose the chance, Ive had luck with more speed early then slow down for the deep troll later in am. A couple of the fish we caught this weekend at 5:15am already had bait already sticking out of their mouths so they are eating early with all the bait up in the column and shutting down early cause their stomachs are full. Owasco and Seneca have tons of fish but the bite gets tough, find em and get on em early and try different approaches! We all get skunked once in a while but there is a reason the charter guys produce. They do a lot of field work and adapt. I'm sure not all my answers are correct but I'm always trying to learn. Good luck out there catch em up!

The Wife and I went over to Owasco lake last night to do some worming for pan fish and then a 1.5 hr. long slow ride from the north end south and back, I marked very Lakers  at any depth also not many bait pods.

We never saw a boat trolling for lakers,etc. Anyone have any ideas. Gary ( Grandpa fish on)

Last three trips I've made to Owasco have been fruitless. Trolled both sides, middle, etc. Spoons, cowbells, plugs

You name it. Verried my speeds from 1.5 to 3.5 and a little higher. Caught one fish dragging my downrigger weight on the bottom! 3 lb laker . Set it free. I marked fish every trip . Tight to the bottom or under bait balls. I just keep plugging away.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app