Little Saranac

You're not too far away from Raquette River. I've had great times with lots of smaller Pike on that river and also some surprisingly large smallmouths. That's the best I can offer you for that region. Never fished Saranac itself but I'm very familiar with Little Wolf Lake and Tupper.

I've fished Saranac and Fish Creek Ponds but it has been several years but about this time of year. Targeted pike with an occasional small mouth thrown in for good measure. Typical lure was a spinner bait with a twister tail and spoons with a wire leader. Don't over look the creek at Fish Creek, engines are only allowed so far up stream but the fishing was well worth the work to go beyond. Beautiful lakes and country let us know how you make out. Good luck.

thanks , we're camping for a week, gonna have wife and twin 1 year olds, so fishing times limited, but two out of our party of 20 bringing there boats ( I gotta tow my trailer) Guess we'll play around and see what we do, might try dropping riggers in saranac.