Small craft advisory tonight thru Sunday AM

Lakes cranking right now. When it settles it's going to be warm.

Yuck.

We still have nearby T-storms on the east end. I'm glad I had no plans to fish Lake O tomorrow. I'll be getting caught up on yard work instead.

True to a point... 4-6 footers are ok if it's not choppy. I was in 5 footers less than 2 weeks ago and the waves were close together and had real sharp crests. 5 footers with a nice rounded crest and farther apart are pleasant to fish in. I'm expecting that miserable choppy stuff on the upper east end of the lake.

But then again, my 21ft boat doesn't handle the rough stuff like a 26-30ft boat :)

Edited by Todd in NY

I think the safest lake to be on this holiday weekend is any one of the Great Lakes. Even the Finger Lakes will have their fair share of idiots in boats.

Sunday thru Tuesday looks great for Lake O.

being a weekend warrior you fish when you can long as you can stay safe. that being said a buddy of mine and i show at the ramp water braking over the harbor wall . i said to friend forget it way to rough , come on he goes , ok you be sorry . we made it out beating boat and us set up 15 mins later i look at friend , you dont look so good . i think you know the rest of the story 

Power washing the deck, then off to the boat for some suds time with the mop and Magic Erasers. We'll get her dirty again tomorrow and Sunday.

being a weekend warrior you fish when you can long as you can stay safe. that being said a buddy of mine and i show at the ramp water braking over the harbor wall . i said to friend forget it way to rough , come on he goes , ok you be sorry . we made it out beating boat and us set up 15 mins later i look at friend , you dont look so good . i think you know the rest of the story

Was it 4-6 and close choppy stuff? Sounds like it. What size boat were you in?

Power washing the deck, then off to the boat for some suds time with the mop and Magic Erasers. We'll get her dirty again tomorrow and Sunday.

Yep, yard work, and hooking up a toggle switch to my Sub Troll so it doesn't drain my battery. This wind is insane on the east end.