Ruff Rider Live Sodus Report 2016 Jul 3-4

Just an FYI Nick the video works fine from Tapatalk on my Android Smartphone :) . Looks as though the download button on Vimeo has to be clicked on first to actually activate the PLAY function on the player otherwise it just displays  as though it is loading the file so if folks are on the computer I think they can see the video OK if they click on that download button.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks for the reports we tried Sodus this am but the launch was full. So had to drive over to fairhaven. Caused a late start but we did get three good kings. In 140 FOW even though temp down 120 is 61 to 62 deg. Sean

Nick , I love reading Theresa and your reports . Please don't take this wrong as I'm jealous but do you folks eat a lot of fish or what , lol . Those gill gaffs are kinda ugly , and yes I own one but never used it .

Seems like you both love the sport , striper and salmon as do I .

Again , I'm jealous and please keep the pics - video and reports coming as that's what keeps me going .

Thank you and best fishes

Edited by Rich s

Nick , I love reading Theresa and your reports . Please don't take this wrong as I'm jealous but do you folks eat a lot of fish or what , lol . Those gill gaffs are kinda ugly , and yes I own one but never used it .

Seems like you both love the sport , striper and salmon as do I .

Again , I'm jealous and please keep the pics - video and reports coming as that's what keeps me going .

Thank you and best fishes

Hey Rich. We actually eat very little of the fish, I wish we liked it more and ate more of it. We give 95% of it away. We often share our catch with the other fisherman at the marina that may not have had luck and the rest goes to friends, family, and coworkers. None goes to waste and if we find someone we gave it to wastes it, their name gets scratched from our list.

As for what you called a gaffe, that is the wrong term. Gaffes are illegal. What we have is a fish holder that we use to more easily handle the fish. If the fish are small and going back we try to use just the pliers, if they are netted and going back we try to use just the pliers and a gentle push out of the tuna door. My wife uses the holder for any fish she holds as she doesn't like to touch them.

I still believe the holders do less damage, as long as you are careful, than most people putting their fingers in the gill plate. And for those without tuna doors, there really isn't a safer option.

No problem on asking questions. Not everyone wants to keep fish and that is up to them. Not everyone likes our pics of "meat racks" and that is up to them. For us, they bring fond memories and a sense of accomplishment and pride of being able to share the hobby we love, with those we love, through sharing fillets.

Off my soap box, and onto a meat rack...

97d7afde369552128f43352b63c2046f.jpg

Well done Nick - if today were the salmon slam you would have kicked our butt! Although our day started with a blown trailer tire on the way to the ramp, so we missed the first 1.5 hours this morning and then had to quit at 10. It's all good though and glad you got into some good fish today! By the sounds of it, you did better than most in our area of the lake!  8)

Well done Nick - if today were the salmon slam you would have kicked our butt! Although our day started with a blown trailer tire on the way to the ramp, so we missed the first 1.5 hours this morning and then had to quit at 10. It's all good though and glad you got into some good fish today! By the sounds of it, you did better than most in our area of the lake! 8)

Been there done that, never fun. The BoatUS trailer insurance is the best $14 a year I spend... almost gaurantees nothing will happen, just like buying a snow blower!

Just did one tonight in a short trip but a dandy. 24 lbs... Didn't bother running in to be on the board for 1 day!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1467680969.393721.jpg

Nice fish! We couldnt find the big guys today, but by the size of the marks we saw on our way in, next weekend will be a good one!

Nice going Nick and Theresa :yes: .  We didn't do nearly as well out of Hughes in the late afternoon and early evening in the rough water. The underwater currents there were terrible and tough to run things the way we wanted. Managed a small 9 lb king, 10 lb laker and 7-8 lb brown and those were the only hits all down about 125 over 140. Never marked a fish above 70 ft down most hugging bottom.

post-145411-0-13135900-1467719132_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-38699200-1467719145_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man