Ruff Rider Live Sodus Report 2016 Jul 3-4

800e9657e9867d276816fcba8a0bc611.jpg

Beautiful lanty for Theresa!

Nick take one of these or a brown , leave the skin on when you clean it , put dark brown sugar on the meat side , ziplock bag in fridge for a day or two , fire grill up real hot like for searing a steak , throw the fish on meat side down to sear it , put some aluminum foil on grill and turn fish with skin side on foil , turn heat down , melt some real butter and lemon juice , as the juices cook out of fish and it drys put the butter and lemon juice on it till its all used up , eat it that way or have some salsa for a side............... 

Nick take one of these or a brown , leave the skin on when you clean it , put dark brown sugar on the meat side , ziplock bag in fridge for a day or two , fire grill up real hot like for searing a steak , throw the fish on meat side down to sear it , put some aluminum foil on grill and turn fish with skin side on foil , turn heat down , melt some real butter and lemon juice , as the juices cook out of fish and it drys put the butter and lemon juice on it till its all used up , eat it that way or have some salsa for a side...............

I skinned it, but will still try this tonight! I can't wait a day or two due to travel, but hopefully it will still be good!

Glad you had some action. We were fishing in the same water and passed you a few times and am frustrated to say we had zero action. We tried multiple spoons, meat, different Flys, paddles, different speeds. We tried everything! I have been getting some coaching from others and I may be getting to much information but any suggestions would be great.

Glad you had some action. We were fishing in the same water and passed you a few times and am frustrated to say we had zero action. We tried multiple spoons, meat, different Flys, paddles, different speeds. We tried everything! I have been getting some coaching from others and I may be getting to much information but any suggestions would be great.

There were two things we did on Monday... we found fish to put our baits where they were and we controlled our troll. What I mean by that is we recognized the strong current and found a direction the fish were biting in it and a speed they liked. I think the biggest key was finding fish. This time of the year fish are scattered and not many at the eastern ports, so finding them is half the battle.

Ok thanks. We found fish and had a ton of streakers but they just wouldn't go. We did try many directions but maybe should have been more methodical in our approach to it. Maybe something like marking a fishy spot on the GPS then hitting it in a few different directions at different speeds of nothing then move on. And the currents were terrible we had to run fewer lines and had some tangles.