Question on transducer

It will depend on a few things:

1. The specific khz designation of the transducer and the unit - they have to match

2.  The plug fitting on the end of the transducer cord has to be the right one for the unit.

3. Condition of the existing transducer - A transducer that old may be compromised in some way (e.g. may be less sensitive than required by the new unit).

Your best bet is to get a new matched transducer for the new unit and properly install it or have it installed for the best result.

I hate being  redundant in my comment but you really need a new transducer the old Airmar will not be compatible with the si for starters. Airmar transducers are the wya to go but you always need the right one for the unit itself depending on the functions of the unit and the specific frequency. The right transducer is critical  and is not something you "try to get by" with.

Edited by Sk8man

Sk8man...That's why I'm asking, there is a pin in the Airmar, I didn't know if they make an updated one that plugs in. I'm 44 and have owned 12 different boats and only a Penn Yan 262 competitor with a thru hull, all the rest were transom mount, so I don't know anything about them so that's why I'm asking. Also I don't try to "get by" with anything when it comes to fishing, I'll spend the money, I just was hoping I wouldn't have to get the boat lifted and stuck out of water for weeks as all the local marinas are way behind and miss all the Salmon action.

There isn't anything wrong with the 2 10" lowrance units so I'll "get by" with them this season, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Sorry if my wording sounded wrong I sure wasn't intentionally putting you down or anything (e.g. "get by")  and I understand your dilemma too. Maybe giving Airmar tech dept a call would put you on the right path. They are very saavy and may have suggestions for you. Airmar transducers are very good quality and if you can match up either way I think you'll be a happy camper. Good luck with it. :)

Thanks,

No problem, I guess it just shocked my system, I'm always accused the absolute opposite. My wife says I have more tackle than Gander Mountain, she doesn't understand why I need over 80 rod n reel combos, [emoji56][emoji23]

I did google the Aimar number, didn't know if someone on here had a 50/200 kh Airmar on a new lowrance unit using the same 200/50 KH. If so I was gonna buy new...plug and play for this season and then have new Airmar transducer installed at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 3 weeks later...