Cayuga Cayuga 7/3/16 Great Day

Holly and I launched at Meyers 7 a.m. and ran South to set-up two downriggers 65 and 75 feet with cheaters/sliders and two wire dipseys to troll North. Cheaters were the first to go off at 30 to 40 feet, green was the only color getting hits. Switched to all green or blue/green, consistent action from cheaters only initially. Started marking fish around 100 ft, dropped to 85 and 95 ft. Dipseys were not producing, pulled them. Around 9 a.m. or so fish were hitting off the balls and no more cheater action. Several times could see the fish rise up to the spoons on the sonar. Down speed 2.2 - 2.9 on the Fishhawk was the sweet spot. Wasn't expecting the action, probably released a dozen more fish today with a handful on knock-offs also. Today was my first time running Chamberlain magnetic releases, throwing the others away, they work great. Oh, and many thanks to Holly for spending a whole day and a half getting the boat cleaner than its ever been.

post-147325-0-68153700-1467581442_thumb.jpg

post-147325-0-68610400-1467581500_thumb.jpg

post-147325-0-64364000-1467582057_thumb.jpg

Looks like a great day! We had some pretty solid action on Sunday, too. Stayed strictly north of Myers and fished both sides. Fleas starting to become an issue -- switching my rigger rods over to heavy line before the next trip. Water temps at the surface were 67-70 degrees.