Looking for lakers out of sandy tomorrow

I'm late seeing your post, but man you're going to have a wicked time with the current. I've jigged the fingers for years and the Niagara in the spring, and I had the same dream as you do. But you've got to get a day where you can feel your jig. With the wind on Friday, there's bunches of water moving. Good luck and post your results!

I'm late seeing your post, but man you're going to have a wicked time with the current. I've jigged the fingers for years and the Niagara in the spring, and I had the same dream as you do. But you've got to get a day where you can feel your jig. With the wind on Friday, there's bunches of water moving. Good luck and post your results!

We have done it many times the last 2 seasons and have had decent luck. Only 1 today, and had a ton of short hits.

Yeah, it's great fun when the conditions are right. I'm amazed that you even got one today...nice job! The surface was moving really fast. We had to change our speed by from 600 to 1000 rpm going West to keep down speed. It's hard to detect hits when there's that much current, even with light braid. Surprisingly, I didn't mark as many lakers today as this time in years past. I may drag the Lund out at some point this summer and do the same as you, once the current settles down. Happy 4th!

We did 6 bows today. There was a little scum at 180 where we took two. Rest in 280 to 350. Broke off a nice king at about 300 FOW on the dipsey. Had several on for brief time on the 450 copper. Got two nice kings yesterday in about 225, but wicked current to deal with. One took three bows on the 10 color lead core and 1 on the 450 copper and two on the dipseys at 240 to 250 #3 setting.