HELP SUB TROLL

Hey guys currently on the water, my sub troll will turn on but it will not show anything. Had it happen yesterday and installed new battery in probe. All wires are connected and in tact. Can't figure out what the issue is. Somebody please help me!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You said its powered up so I assume the display is showing the decimal point in the temperature display?

Try pulling apart the RCA connector from the antenna to the cable that connects to the head end. Make sure the connection is good. I don't know how much other trouble shooting you can really do while on the water. 

Yep, it's likely your cable. Maybe a mouse? I had a scare today when our Subtroll stopped working, but it was just that it came unplugged at the rigger from a big steelhead that went nuts at the boat and had to be passed under a wire rod and the downrigger cable to get him in  :rofl:

try putting a wet rag over where the antenna and cable meet on the boom. That use to work for me when it wasn't reading correctly. I finally got fed up after last season with all the issues with the coated cable and antenna and connections I bought a fish hawk. Glad I did because now sub troll is out of business and you can't fins spare parts easily.

I'll just post a polite correction to finding spare parts easily. Esgdirect.com got me a new probe in hours last week (my bad broke the cable) and they apparently have everything you need in stock. I have no doubt that parts will become scarce as time goes on, but for now I think that the sports who are running them can rest easy that they're covered, for now. I do foresee a fishhawk in our future, though, once this unit fails. I've got to say, though, we've had it for 15+ years and it doesn't owe us a dang thing. 

Good to know Gator, thanks. I have friends looking for parts Ill let them know. I had mine for 12 years and it worked great until the last couple years. Then all kind of issues. I gotta say though.........the fish hawk is pretty cool. Way more user friendly  :)