What is a new rigger?

Xxx

Guys I got a chance to buy a brand new cannon mag 10 A with auto stop worth, I met a couple at a 4th party and her dad passed away before he got a chance to use this rigger, still in the box, fixed 3ft fixed boom with base, not a swivel, she said make an offer, but I didn't want to piss her off I kind of got a feeling she was looking on the web pricing. What would you think is a fair price for both of us, mostly me LOL. Thanks for any suggestions!! PAP.

White body or black Pap?

Black Whaler1, I was thinking $150 then she said it has a hundred dollar base with it but it's a fixed base with about a 3" berts tackle sticker on it so I thought I'd offer at max $175. Like King Slammin said if I took the $200 and put $200 to then at least I could get a real rigger that could lift my 14# torps. What do think??

That is a much older model. In my eyes only worth the $150 you stated. Sell the base independently. I am actually looking for one but I am in Massachusetts. We only use eight pound weights on the cape. I have the HS and STX model for the big lake when I use the 13# torpedoes due to depth and blow back.

Good luck with your decision. 

Pap they are pretty solid downriggers I have a couple but without the autostop feature. Unlike some folks I am a pretty patient guy at least with fishing stuff :lol:  and they are slow but I like that as it gives me time to deal with other stuff while they are coming up and I never worry about them screwing up because they are coming up too fast. I just have the drag adjusted on them so that if they come up to the tip of the rigger they just slide and the slight noise alerts me and I hit the off switch ....not a big deal. I will say however that you shouldn't use the weights that are heavier than 10 lbs as Cannon later went to a heavier duty motor. I've had two of my riggers (that are 10A's) since I bought them brand new in 1985 and they still function perfectly after thousands of hours of use. One of them still has the original wire on it :)  With that said I think $150 - $ 175 is a fair price for one still in the box. It would be a decent rigger even if you used it primarily for walleyes etc. with lighter weights. I use swivel bases on all my riggers (all are the telescoping boom type)

Edited by Sk8man

I use 2 white 10As with long fixed booms...all original. They've been bulletproof. Picked them up for $40 each at a garage sale. I believe people are still willing to pay about $150 each. Being new, it might be worth a bit more. Make sure you test the motor before you leave their driveway if you purchase it. I bought 2 other Mag10s at a garage sale and they were both full of water and dead....after the owner told me they ran great and were 'like new'.

Thanks guys I'll keep this in mind, I get the feeling that she thinks she has a gold mine, as she mentioned the base was a $ 100.00 it's self. I think I'm going to purchase the new 5 magST as guys told me my 4ft booms will work as they only come with a 2ft fixed booms. Cabela's has them on sale for $399.00 so I think that's the rout I'm going to go. My daughters are getting very interested in the silvers, their is way more action with them, so I need to run 12+ lbs weights I need other riggers to handle this weight. My Wife said she would go like she used to, she out fishes me every time. My ultimate goal would be to have my family with me, I prayed many a years that this would happen.

Edited by pap