Cannon 5 ST rigger boom?

The price is in my area on the 5 st cannon riggers only down fall is I need 4ft booms. Has anyone tried to lengthen the booms, I have mag 10A's with 4ft booms can I use those or don't they have the some dimensions they look smaller from the pics. Cabela's has them on sale for $399.00 what's your thoughts on this. To get the telescopic booms that's another $350.00 on the next rigger that has these booms

I have a swim platform that my kicker is affixed to and my cooler is mounted there also and my 3 gallon fuel cell for the kicker also. I have modified the platform beefed up with SSteal brackets. I'd hate to loose all this. I could run them at a 90* and move my 10A's in for shallow fishing, then I'd have 4 riggers.

The diameter of the boom is the same so you can swap booms. I have swapped booms between 5ST, Mag 10HS and Mag 10A. New style boom end is smaller but pieces from adjustable long arm fix that.

I have a swim platform that my kicker is affixed to and my cooler is mounted there also and my 3 gallon fuel cell for the kicker also. I have modified the platform beefed up with SSteal brackets. I'd hate to loose all this. I could run them at a 90* and move my 10A's in for shallow fishing, then I'd have 4 riggers.

Just a heads up pap , 4 riggers take some planning what you will be running , from what I read 7' separation from end of boom and 5' in water column   if you are running most any type of attractor. My old boat had 4 , after some massive tangles I went down to three with above separation....  still got a tangle or two running to long of lead off rigger with a dodger....

Yes I plan on taking the booms off my 10A'S and putting them on my new 5ST when I get them, Cabela's has them on sale for $399.00. I only have a 89" beam so that would definitely a cluster, well you know what I mean, plus I'm not that good of a angler to run that many lines. LOL I want to thank those who assured me I can do what I thought might be possible!! These 10A's for years and I have caught many of my first time fish of differant species, sounds wierd but I would like to keep a part of the old girls still a part of my arsenal on the 1 WORM!! I appreciate all the posts that answer all my questions!! Thanks guys!!

I hope I can use my booms off the 10a's even if I have to turn down the end a little on the lathe so the 5 ST body will accept the my booms!!! We shall see LOL

The diameter of the boom is the same so you can swap booms. I have swapped booms between 5ST, Mag 10HS and Mag 10A. New style boom end is smaller but pieces from adjustable long arm fix that.

Thanks that exactly what I needed to know, as far as the tip roller I'll just keep the original rollers from the 4ft booms, will the body of the 5st accept the 10a's boom or will I need to turn it down on the lathe? Either way I'll adapt and over come!!! Thanks for the info!! PAP

Boom diameter is the same so your old boom will fit into the 5ST. Also use the ball hook arrangement from the 5 ST on the old boom. You can run your old style boom end if you don't want to adapt over to the new end piece. Simple swap.

Boom diameter is the same so your old boom will fit into the 5ST. Also use the ball hook arrangement from the 5 ST on the old boom. You can run your old style boom end if you don't want to adapt over to the new end piece. Simple swap.

Well hell ya, LOL if it's doable I was thinking I would first see what the new roller consisted of and go from there. Again thanks for your assurance this will work. Getting that this is great feeling, almost like Christmas Eve, can't sleep over this at $400 a piece this is definatly doable!!!