Downrigger Weight Storage

We wrap ours in towels and store them in our live well (we use it for storage). Our Dock lines are stored there as well. But then again we don't have a ton of storage on a center console boat. We get by though with the space we have. Just have to be a little creative. 

I use a large plastic lidded container that I lined with fabric foam top and bottom. It takes up virtually no space in the cabin, stores easily under the life vests on the floor, but with four torpedos it's heavy as all get out.

Edited by Gator

I take my boat all over the area I see a lot of people just hook them to rigger or use a caddy that scares me when trailering a boat I just put the in the gunnels or on the floor

I am guilty of that. Hanging on the hook of the scotty. Had one once fall off because the eye pulled out of the ball. Happened on the water and of course, it was deep sixed. I know it pulled out because the snap was still closed. I don't do it any more on the road if I remember to take them off, on the water though they pretty much hang on the hook. However those eyes do wear over time swinging around. I've had some get pretty skinny in the contact point. My live well usually carries them now on the road.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I use a full milk crate and have it up in the cuddy. With a center console, "I had one" does yours have a door to access it or maybe in the front bait well as it acts as a seat? Just the opposite the drivers seat, front side of console? Just a few thoughts from my layout.

I use a full milk crate and have it up in the cuddy. With a center console, "I had one" does yours have a door to access it or maybe in the front bait well as it acts as a seat? Just the opposite the drivers seat, front side of console? Just a few thoughts from my layout.

Pap, I should have been more specific. I probably should refer to the circular bait well as my storage. It's in the center of the transom. I kinda becomes a catch all for everything, since I don't have use for live bait most of the time. It's got a small horse feed bucket in there with notches cut in the rim to hold "go to lures and some flasher flies, 4 dipsy divers, a couple releases, and a fish hawk TD. There even is the empty soda or water bottle collection in there!..so it's a close by tub that can serve the purpose of holding the rigger weights. It has a lid on the too and a light in there, also its a very white interior and makes a great place to throw a portable 12 volt fluorescent trouble light in there to charge glow lures.

Pap, I should have been more specific. I probably should refer to the circular bait well as my storage. It's in the center of the transom. I kinda becomes a catch all for everything, since I don't have use for live bait most of the time. It's got a small horse feed bucket in there with notches cut in the rim to hold "go to lures and some flasher flies, 4 dipsy divers, a couple releases, and a fish hawk TD. There even is the empty soda or water bottle collection in there!..so it's a close by tub that can serve the purpose of holding the rigger weights. It has a lid on the too and a light in there, also its a very white interior and makes a great place to throw a portable 12 volt fluorescent trouble light in there to charge glow lures.

No harm skipper!! A lot of times I think other should understand what I mean, in my rambling on posts!! I use whatever works at the time or just make believe it's working!! LOL! Hey thanks for glow lure trick. PAP?

• 2 weeks later...

I cut down one of the yellow kitty litter pails so it fits in one of my in-flooor compartments. It keeps all of my shark and fish shaped weights in one place. 

Lots of good ideas posted above also.

Boat Safe

Egoody