Advice Sandy @Hamlin for tomorrow

I will also be going out of Sandy tomorrow but not til mid morning. Last week we started off the pump house in 160' but I have heard hey have slid out and west. My plan will be to run just short of the nose in 160 and point it NW and head out til we find something. Probably gonna go as far as 300 west of the point and spin it back around and troll SE if we don't find anything in the first troll.

I fished Sandy from 9:00 till 1:00 today and the best fishing was in about 140' of water. We marked some fish all the way out to 250' but all our bites were at 140. Best rig was a FLT pro-troll flasher with a green fly. Flasher was a white blade with some UV tape on one side and some green and black painted on the other. 2-kings, 2-steelies, one laker, two dropped fish. 

I can't speak for sandy but I know the oak still has a decent bite going on... and its not far I boated over 25 fish on sunday In 250 fow all classes of salmon and a mess of good steelies, also heard that the bite was still hott yesterday from 150-200 from a good buddy. Hope this helps ,good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

we fished the oak last night with a couple of clients.  We took around 12 bites with 4 being screamers 3 lost 1 in the net.  100 ft to 130 ft was the productive water for us.  Our hot rods were 265 wire on 3 setting and 100 rigger both pulling meat.  Only 3 spoon bites all night

we fished the oak last night with a couple of clients. We took around 12 bites with 4 being screamers 3 lost 1 in the net. 100 ft to 130 ft was the productive water for us. Our hot rods were 265 wire on 3 setting and 100 rigger both pulling meat. Only 3 spoon bites all night

When you say night. Are you fishing after sunset?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Like I said we got an early start and it wasn't long before we hooked up. took the feedback from you guys and was rewarded with about 12 hits and 7 landed, steelhead 2 coho and kings the best @20#, 120 to 150 was our target but we talked to a couple of guys on our way out that launched when we did and they lit up the steelhead, claiming about 20 hits in 200 feet of water, so sandy right now is pretty hot. Glad we got an early start cause the bite quit by 10am, Spoons on riggers was the ticket with 2 hits on dipsey spinny fly combo, More boats than I thought but that's right theres a derby going  on.Again thanks for those that responded , it definitely put us on the fish

post-142086-0-25106300-1467830315_thumb.jpg

post-142086-0-60790700-1467830326_thumb.jpg

post-142086-0-79616400-1467830336_thumb.jpg

post-142086-0-55662900-1467830346_thumb.jpg

I hope you don't mind but I had questions about Sandy as well.  I've only ever launched out of the Rochester city boat launch, but I'm thinking about heading out west a bit for a different scene since it seems like the fish are moving in from that direction. Plus that long slow run out of the Genny pier is annoying.

Cost to launch?  Anything unique I need to be aware of (hazards, etc)?  Is it busy?  Do I need to get there early for a spot to park?  What channel is everyone on?

Ok, good news no cost to launch, good news, find deeper water in a shorter span of time, good news short channel to open water, good news when the fishing gets hot you can go east or west and find fish. the one thing with sandy is you launch your boat you have to drive your trailer back to the parking lot  which is about 2 football fields but its mostly fishing boats unlike Rochester that's mostly aholes in the afternoon hope that helps

Ok good news Sandy has no launch fee, good news mostly fisherman, good news short channel to get to open water, good news find deeper water in a short span time, good for your pocketbook, good news when the fish are around sandy can produce. I always trolled east of sandy but im open to a west troll now, The launch procedure isn't that bad, you just have to drive your vehicle back to the launch parking facility and walk back to the boat launch , Plus its a smaller facility that doesn't attract some of the aholes from roch cha  cha 

Hell we need a community golf cart there for the regulars and they need to do something about that porta potty. Thanks to whoever left the Febreeze cause otherwise need a gas mask.

Hell we need a community golf cart there for the regulars and they need to do something about that porta potty. Thanks to whoever left the Febreeze cause otherwise need a gas mask.

Or just send the young guy for the truck