Anyone who knows me know i just tell the truth. Two words to sum it up for me - BEYOND SLOW.

July 3rd

Fished from 530am to 1pm. Marked an occasional fish from 140-300 FOW. Ran mix of spoons, FF, and meat. 68* up top and 62* down 140. never moved a rod   

July 4th

Fished from 6am to 1230pm. Marked decent amount of fish between 180-230 FOW. agaoin 68* up top and 60 down 150'.  Similar program as day before as a mix of Spoons,FF, and meat. Took a couple small kings and a small steely off 158 rigger. Had one Major hit off 178 rigger over 220. nearly spooled us before hooked popped and that wa sit for the day

July 5th

Fished from 630am to 12pm.

started in 150 FOW and worked our to 550'. i had 69 up top and 55 down 135 the whole way it never waivered more than a hald degree. Marked a total of 3 fish and there down 300 in the 450 range. never moved a rod.

I varied my Down Speed from 2.0 - 3.0 to try to make something happen.

I did hear of some Kings being caught in similar waters right off bottom but i couldnt get my program dialed in to catch them. Currents were some of the STRONGEST ive seen in a long time.

Back at it later.....

Wasn't just you we hit Fair Haven on the 4th due to no parking in Sodus. Finally pulled three good kings off the bottom in 140 FOW. But that's it no marks but the few on the bottom and no bait the entire day. Water was warm no matter how deep you got. West was the place to be, hopefully some more fish and bait will move into the Sodus to Fair Haven area soon.

We tried as well. Had 4 young kids we packed it in early. Currents were crazy!

Wasn't just you we hit Fair Haven on the 4th due to no parking in Sodus. Finally pulled three good kings off the bottom in 140 FOW. But that's it no marks but the few on the bottom and no bait the entire day. Water was warm no matter how deep you got. West was the place to be, hopefully some more fish and bait will move into the Sodus to Fair Haven area soon.

Sean,

What did you pull them off the bottom with? Spoon? FF? Meat?

I feel ya man. Was 2 for 3 out of Sodus July 5th... The two we caught totaled maybe 25 inches between them. Super deep temp, horrid currents. I had a bunch of tangles, and had to stop stacking my riggers. Very frustrating for sure

We tried as well. Had 4 young kids we packed it in early. Currents were crazy!

Sean,

What did you pull them off the bottom with? Spoon? FF? Meat?

Tried flashers and fly's, as well as meat. No go on those so dropped couple spoons down to 135 in 140 and that did the trick. Now yesterday it was all a flashers fly bite.