hummingbird 898c pre helix model

Skidplate

My Graph is stuck in mob navionics or something similar to that..will not allow me to enter settings or anything else. The screen is locked on man overboard. Is there a way that anyone knows how to reset it or do I have to send it in. Is only five years old and was 1200 back then

Thanks for any input may just have to upgrade to lowrance.thanks in advance

Have you disconnected power to it? Not shutting it off with the power button on the unit, but disconnecting the cable collector from the back of the unit. I've had H/B units go stupid on me due to low voltage, and they had to be disconnected from the power source before working properly again.

I had a new 998 that was crashing on start up. I disconnected the GPS antenna and the unit started up and worked fine for sonar. H/B sent me a new antenna, and it's worked fine after that. Make sure your battery is fully charged, and wire the unit with a fuse direct to the battery. Electronics are very sensitive to voltage, and fuse panels, multiple connections, and such are susceptible for voltage loss.

I unhooked every thing but the power started working was about to remove the mob and then it froze up again but I was able to look at the voltage and it was reading 12 have to try and update now but don't think its gonna help because it just locks up on me now going to have to send it out definitely will never get a HB again

When I say froze up I had it in demo and was going into the settings and it went back to the mob thing in demo mode with just the power hooked up and locked me out of all the buttons but one of the hot key worked but that doesn't help me get into the settings so much for getting a fish hack this year

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a NIB 959ci HD GPS unit for $600 on ebay. It doesn't have DI or SI but it has the 83/200kHz dual beam transducer. It works great and has the 8" screen. It also fits in the same mounting bracket as your 898. Ebay has brand new units for some great prices right now. I haven't priced any of the 999ci units with the SI.

I also have an 859ci HD DI that I bought last year and have had no issues with it.

Here's a screen shot of the 959 last weekend. It was my 2nd time out with the 959 and I am still fine tuning the settings, but this shows the 83 ducer on the left and 200 ducer on the right.

post-142578-0-83881900-1469280310_thumb.jpg

ebay has the 999ci HD SI KVD version for $900 with free shipping.

The 899ci HD SI is $750

Just my opinion, but I like having the 8" screen over the 7" screen, and I have them sitting side by side in my boat.

Edited by Todd in NY