Lake Mi, North Shore Beast

Nice King, but another couple of beasts were caught out of the port of Sheboygan, WI, last week.  They were two monster brown trout of 29.65 and 35.72 pounds.  I have pics of the 35 pounder.  Lake Ontario has bigger salmon but Lake Michigan has the largest Browns in the world!! Check this slob out! 

post-150571-0-52403900-1468412616_thumb.jpg

post-150571-0-45796600-1468412638_thumb.jpg

Didn't a 30 lb brown win a ESLO derby way back in late 80's or so when any trout also qualified to win the big prize not just a salmon? Some of the old timers might remember. Lol. :rofl:

Edited by MikeyP

yes one did I caught my first ever ESLO fish in that same derby it was 88 or 89 I think i had a 19lb 12oz brown and took 5th.  I still have the downrigger rods I won and my dad has the cooler.  I saw a pic of the fish it wasnt a whole lot longer than mine but it was much fatter and mine was by no means skinny

Didn't a 30 lb brown win a ESLO derby way back in late 80's or so when any trout also qualified to win the big prize not just a salmon? Some of the old timers might remember. Lol. :rofl:

Close, (wtf now I'm the old guy). A 39+ lb laker did , caught early 90's? There is a pic of Dave Chilson and the angler and fish on the wall at East Fork Marina. I remember it was caught on a Sassy Shad.

Close, (wtf now I'm the old guy). A 39+ lb laker did , caught early 90's? There is a pic of Dave Chilson and the angler and fish on the wall at East Fork Marina. I remember it was caught on a Sassy Shad.

Ahhhhhh thanks whaler. That is one big laker! I think I got it mixed up. The 30 lb brown I'm thinking about was caught sometime around that time and the angler thought it was a salmon and brought it to get weighed I think during the ESLO? I believe the DEC was called and they identified it as a brown trout. Anyway, something like that? Lol.

Edited by MikeyP

Nice King, but another couple of beasts were caught out of the port of Sheboygan, WI, last week.  They were two monster brown trout of 29.65 and 35.72 pounds.  I have pics of the 35 pounder.  Lake Ontario has bigger salmon but Lake Michigan has the largest Browns in the world!! Check this slob out!

Holy shyt man that looks prehistoric for gods sake!!! This site is the best, just to get a look at that monster!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see, but a couple weeks ago there was s charter boat operation cleaning dome nice kings at Olcott. He said they were from lake Michigan. I asked why they came all the way to Lake Ontario and he said the fishing is no good anymore in lake Michigan. Whatever happened there. I hope for not happen here in lake Ontario.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Was at Lake Michigan over the last weekend from Manistee to Frankfort catching Kings up to 15 pounds and lake trout. They all said most of their fish was in Wisconsin. They did weigh a 30 pound salmon in for their Derby, 11 pound brown, 9 pound steelhead, 13 pound lake trout. They run lots of fruit salad Lures.

Edited by brucehookedup

Was at Lake Michigan over the last weekend from Manistee to Frankfort catching Kings up to 15 pounds and lake trout. They all said most of their fish was in Wisconsin. They did weigh a 30 pound salmon in for their Derby, 11 pound brown, 9 pound steelhead, 13 pound lake trout. They run lots of fruit salad Lures.

WHATS A FRUIT SALAD LURE??

WHATS A FRUIT SALAD LURE??

WHAT IS A FRUIT SALAD LURE???

WHATS A FRUIT SALAD LURE???

Yeah we have had some big ones in the Milwaukee area this year.  Top fish so far this year on my boat are

26.62 king

26.25 king

10.25 rainbow

24 laker

9lb coho x 5

...and im just a weekend warrior.